nadia911
Corporal

Preorder?

Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:14 am

When i can pre-order the game? In Gamersgate does not appear...

Hohenlohe

Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:06 am

I would suggest that you should try Matrix Games, but there will be no pre-order...

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/396/details/Revolution.Under.Siege.

You can buy there from 23.November on as I assume...

Otherwise try the AGEOD-Webshop...

greetings

Hohenlohe

edit: I think that RUS will be worthy every price because it comes from AGEOD... :thumbsup: :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Cat Lord

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:10 am

The game should be available from normal AgeOD channel as well. :)

We won't fail to let you know when pre-order becomes available there :thumbsup:

Cat
[CENTER]
Image[/CENTER]

Kev_uk
Colonel

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:28 am

Is the demo to be released before the 23rd?

nadia911
Corporal

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:51 pm

NOOOOOOOO Please...Matrix NOOOOOOOOOO

Cat Lord

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:32 pm

It will be available at least from us online (and this stays the best way to show your support to us, because other distributors take their cut on the price), it will be available physically and online from Matrix, and it will be available at least online from Gamersgate (don't know about a physical copy there yet).

Cheers,

Cat
[CENTER]

Image[/CENTER]

ashandresash
Captain

Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:40 am

Cat Lord wrote: and it will be available at least online from Gamersgate (don't know about a physical copy there yet).

Cheers,

Cat

Great! You've got me :)

I'm so pleased about the game that it's very likely that where to download it won't be so decisive to finally buy it.

J P Falcon
Private

Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:58 am

As much as I am looking forward to this potential gem of a game, my "internal release date" will be 1st quarter of 2011. I'll give the game a chance to breathe and have AGEOD iron out any issues before I take the plunge....

Hohenlohe

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:06 am

Cat Lord wrote:It will be available at least from us online (and this stays the best way to show your support to us, because other distributors take their cut on the price), it will be available physically and online from Matrix, and it will be available at least online from Gamersgate (don't know about a physical copy there yet).

Cheers,

Cat

Thx Cat, for your explaination,

as I prefer definitely a boxed version I would have to bite in the socalled sour apple and have to buy at Matrix. Otherwise I would prefer to buy at the AGEOD webshop, but a pure digital version is not enough for me because as an old collector of good games I need a boxed version.

I hope that enough people are interested to buy RUS so that AGEOD get a positive result for their great efforts...

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:56 am

Hohenlohe wrote:as I prefer definitely a boxed version
an old collector of good games I need a boxed version

I've never played to an AGEOD game.

I bought WW1 and AACW when low priced.
I never played WW1 for it was long buggy and then I had to buy the gold extension.

I began playing the AACW tutorial, but it is too bad, with tin black texts escaping from their windows, and some explanations coming after we made a bad try and had to restart the whole tutorial. So, I wanted to train for RUS, but never played AACW.

So, I hope for a boxed game with a good gameplay book to read in bed or tram...

Cat Lord

Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:17 am

As far as I know the manual will only be in pdf version. :(

(not 100% sure, but I was never given spec to write it otherwise, so the page setup is not designed to fit a DVD-booklet format, but to fit a printer).

I have try to make it good though. :p ompom:

(Although I am sure we all have different opinion of what should be a good manual :D ).

Cat
[CENTER]

Image[/CENTER]

beatoangelico
Private

Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Cat Lord wrote:It will be available at least from us online (and this stays the best way to show your support to us, because other distributors take their cut on the price), it will be available physically and online from Matrix, and it will be available at least online from Gamersgate (don't know about a physical copy there yet).

Cheers,

Cat

can you tell us the price? :D

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:17 pm

Cat Lord wrote:As far as I know the manual will only be in pdf version. :(

I think I could pay more for an edition with a real manual (even an english one). I prefer paying more a game I'll play, than less a game I won't.

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Well PI have the http://www.gameplayoutlet.com/ were you can get a box version of all games PI have for sale but I dont know if the developer have to write a special contract to get that kind of service. Talk with Susanna at PI, she should be able to clear things out.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:00 pm

I have had NO problems with Matrix; try Battlefront if you want problems, even Paradox. I want to buy a game from BFC and even with guidance from Martin, I can't!!! t

Kev_uk
Colonel

Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:11 pm

At the moment I am liking Gamersgate, as you get rewards for buying and also loyalty discount on certain games at certain times. My main gripe though is not having that zip file you get with Matrix and Ageod that is much more easily burnable to DVD compared to the DRM of Steam and, in a lesser case, Gamersgate. I found that you cannot just copy the game folder when you use gamersgate (much much worse with steam) because of registry entries that the installer uses. Have to re-download.

So, in all probability, I will by direct from Ageod this time for RUS.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Kev_uk wrote:I found that you cannot just copy the game folder when you use gamersgate (much much worse with steam) because of registry entries that the installer uses. Have to re-download.

Yes, everybody says Gamersgate has few drm on his games.
But when Gamergate says "DRM free", it's a lie, as Gg is already a DRM (you have to re-DL something, the signature, to reinstall), like Steam is.

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:55 pm

ERISS wrote:Yes, everybody says Gamersgate has few drm on his games.
But when Gamergate says "DRM free", it's a lie, as Gg is already a DRM (you have to re-DL something to reinstall), like Steam is.

really? If you have deleted the original installation files then yes you have to re-download but otherwise I think you dont have to download anything. Okay maybe a quick check to see if all info is correct and make sure the installation tools is up to date.

I haven't reinstalled a GG game for a very long time, several years, so Im not 100% sure.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

Raptor1
Private

Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:09 pm

ERISS wrote:Yes, everybody says Gamersgate has few drm on his games.
But when Gamergate says "DRM free", it's a lie, as Gg is already a DRM (you have to re-DL something to reinstall), like Steam is.

Actually, you can copy the setup file and store it anywhere without having to download it again. You just have to copy the file away before the GG downloader closes, as it disables it after that and you'll have to use the downloader to enable it again.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Raptor1 wrote:Actually, you can copy the setup file and store it anywhere without having to download it again. You just have to copy the file away before the GG downloader closes, as it disables it after that and you'll have to use the downloader to enable it again.

Yes, but you won't be able to install anything with your downloaded setup file, as there should no longer be GG server too to sign the game.
(The signature is the 'something to be DL' I thought about. I edited my message above).
http://www.gamersgate.com/info/faq
Can I download the game on my office PC and install it on my home PC which does not have an internet connection?
No, you cannot. Internet connection is required to install games. If the target computer has slow download bandwidth, then the game can be downloaded on another computer and then transferred in any way to your original computer. There you can use them to install, but connection is needed to sign in and start the installation process.
NOTE: You should move the download file and the temporary Gamersgate folder (GamersGate temporary files) as they are placed near each other in order to install the downloaded games. Otherwise the downloader will start the download process again. Installation should be started using the download file, and it cannot be done manually from the temporary folder.

"connection is needed to sign in and start the installation process"

Christophe.Barot

does preorder comes with a back up CD ?

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:16 pm

like RoP did

I for sure will buy it, but I'm not in a hurry (helping and testing in PoN takes presently all my gaming time) , so 2 or 3 days do not make a difference

but I like to have a back up just in case my computer crashes, or I change computer and can't put my hand of former games I thought to have transferred ( :blink: :( damn damn damn stupid me)

so I always feel more comfortable with a material CD I can implant even when/if my internet connection or server is unavailable
(i know, i'm old school, lol)

guess i'm not the only one interested - am taker of info about backup CD (preorder, or, even more important, direct ageod order from 23 on)

Kev_uk
Colonel

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:01 pm

I think that if you want a normal way to be able to reinstall without internet access or passwords, etc , is to buy the zip file from Ageod or Matrix. Gamersgate is a second choice due to the reward system they have, plus if you are IT savvy, you can save the installer download and reactivate if you need to. Steam, I shun. I think its bad. So there.

After this, I recommend Ageod as they get full whack from purchase at point.

Raptor1
Private

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:04 pm

ERISS wrote:Yes, but you won't be able to install anything with your downloaded setup file, as there should no longer be GG server too to sign the game.
(The signature is the 'something to be DL' I thought about. I edited my message above).
http://www.gamersgate.com/info/faq

"connection is needed to sign in and start the installation process"

Works just fine for me as long as I copy the file somewhere before the downloader closes, it's usually just a simple executable like any other installation.

Frank

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:25 pm

Will the game be available later this evening today when we buy it directly from ageod? As this was the common practice with their other games i want to ask.

Frank

von Sachsen
Captain

Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:53 pm

Apperently, you can pre-order it on GG, but it comes out on the 25th.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:56 pm

What time is RuS expected to be released? Midnight?

Frank

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Preorder is now active on the ageod web store. :thumbsup:

Raptor1
Private

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:15 pm

von Sachsen wrote:Apperently, you can pre-order it on GG, but it comes out on the 25th.

Just noticed this as well. Is it an error or does GG actually release it 2 days later?

EDIT: Well, guess I'd buy it from AGEOD anyway.

Frank

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:27 pm

This is from the confirmation email:

Pre-order purchase. You will receive on 23/11/2010 (Day One) a new email with the link to download as well as the activation code.

Matrix Games will sell it on the 23 too.

And all games from ageod (besides BoA 1) we could have download on Monday evening so i have hopes this is the same with Rus.

Lowlander2010
Private

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Does anybody know if the download link/serials will be sent just after midnight for pre-orders? thanks, looking forward to the release :)

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”