Cat Lord

Last but not least: Website and demo released !

Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:26 pm

That's right.

A website is available about the game...

... with a Demo inside ! :cool:

http://www.revolutionundersiege.com

Cat
[CENTER]
Image[/CENTER]

Kev_uk
Colonel

Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:30 pm

Nice, informative website-is this the first for your games?

Cat Lord

Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Kev_uk wrote:Nice, informative website-is this the first for your games?
Well it's the first game I am co-producing with my money, yes ! :thumbsup:

But I participated in other Paradox games as a beta before, and even a bit more on Crusader Kings. :)

Cat
[CENTER]

Image[/CENTER]

Kev_uk
Colonel

Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:49 pm

Congrats! Really well done. Your money? This is really good. I hope you get the rewards this deserves!

Cat Lord

Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:50 pm

Kev_uk wrote:Congrats! Really well done. Your money? This is really good. I hope you get the rewards this deserves!
Thanks. :)

Cat
[CENTER]

Image[/CENTER]

Raptor1
Private

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:38 am

Excellent, an early demo. Though now I want the full game even more...

BTW, there seems to be a bug in the options screen. If you click on Naval Box Handling, it does nothing, and if you click on Historical Attrition, it moves the Naval Box Handling option instead.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:47 am

I am staying up until this is downloaded. I am on mobile broadband and that is running at ~100MBps. I will not go to bed until its downloaded! So there. I am drinking coffee...

Hohenlohe

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:48 am

Dear Cat Lord,

will be there any chance that AGEOD will publish a boxed version like Matrix or will that be only possible via Matrix??

One question more! Will be a re-download possible if someone lost the download files due to a computer crash? My question is related to the AGEOD Webshop. I have now decided to buy from AGEOD as it seems cheaper than the usual Matrix thing.
I will now pre-order the game although I am not able to play at release because my PC Game Machine is in repair at the moment and my laptop do not fullfill the necessary requirements.

congratulations to you fellows

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Hohenlohe

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi, dear fellows,

have just bought RUS and have seen that an extended download option is available.

Thx

Hohenlohe :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Cat Lord

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:55 pm

ERISS, your discussion about end game text is now here:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19206

:)

Cat
[CENTER]

Image[/CENTER]

Cat Lord

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Hohenlohe wrote:will be there any chance that AGEOD will publish a boxed version like Matrix or will that be only possible via Matrix??
The box version will only be on Matrix.

Cat
[CENTER]

Image[/CENTER]

Fatboy
Sergeant

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:26 pm

Downloaded the demo & playing now. Looks fantastic with great music!
Love the Force Listing display :coeurs:

wryun
Sergeant

Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:12 am

Any demo mirrors? I'm getting 40kb/sec, which is rather sad...

ashandresash
Captain

Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:04 am

Downloaded! :thumbsup:

Cat Lord

Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:01 pm

wryun wrote:Any demo mirrors? I'm getting 40kb/sec, which is rather sad...
I'll see what we can do. :)

Cat
[CENTER]

Image[/CENTER]

Grosshaus
Conscript

Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Website looks OK, but can't seem to find anything there in English.

Cat Lord

Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:31 pm

Grosshaus wrote:Website looks OK, but can't seem to find anything there in English.
:confused:

After the introduction, there is a french or english flag to click. :)

You can access it directly from here:

http://www.revolutionundersiege.com/revolution/en/wallrus_en.php

Cat
[CENTER]

Image[/CENTER]

PANGI

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:55 am

Recognised some of the units in the graphic directory ;) . But anyway my compliments for your graphic guy (quite demotivating :( )
ImageImage

Martok
Civilian

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:26 am

Hey Cat Lord,

I just wanted to let you know that I finally got the demo to install! I had to download it three times before I got it to work (I'm guessing I was just unlucky enough to get two corrupted downloads in a row?), but it looks like I'm good to go now. :)

greenalien
Sergeant

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:18 pm

Wow, nice demo. I really enjoyed playing this and coming from Czech Republic with Slovak ancestors, I really liked the fact that it was about the Czechoslovak legion. ;)

Here are some observations and thoughts:

1. I really enjoyed the pace, there was some room for strategic decisions, and overall the demo was quite nice. I can definitely recommend this game.

2. There were some minor glitches that I think can still be fixed.

2a: Jan Syrový is I think the man you meant when you created the Y. Syrovy commander in game. However, the image used actually looks like Milan Rastislav Štefánik.

2b: Lenin's assassination attempt has no event text. There's just some programming line.

2c: Units without commanders (Bolsheviks one mostly) had commander portraits show up in the battle resolution window.

I think the AI could use some work on it. I played as the Czech legions and Siberian whites, but somehow the other AIs were crushed quite quickly. The Bolshevik AI also for some reason mostly ignored my rebels around Moscow destroying the local railways.

But I really liked what was shown to me in the demo. It was fluid, had armoured trains and big battles, some historical political friction thrown in, and really, it was fun. I especially appreciated the grand scale of it. I'd keep playing past the 18 turns, and I'll definitely buy this game.

Clovis

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:30 pm

greenalien wrote:Wow, nice demo. I really enjoyed playing this and coming from Czech Republic with Slovak ancestors, I really liked the fact that it was about the Czechoslovak legion. ;)

Here are some observations and thoughts:

1. I really enjoyed the pace, there was some room for strategic decisions, and overall the demo was quite nice. I can definitely recommend this game.

2. There were some minor glitches that I think can still be fixed.

2a: Jan Syrový is I think the man you meant when you created the Y. Syrovy commander in game. However, the image used actually looks like Milan Rastislav Štefánik.

2b: Lenin's assassination attempt has no event text. There's just some programming line.

2c: Units without commanders (Bolsheviks one mostly) had commander portraits show up in the battle resolution window.

I think the AI could use some work on it. I played as the Czech legions and Siberian whites, but somehow the other AIs were crushed quite quickly. The Bolshevik AI also for some reason mostly ignored my rebels around Moscow destroying the local railways.

But I really liked what was shown to me in the demo. It was fluid, had armoured trains and big battles, some historical political friction thrown in, and really, it was fun. I especially appreciated the grand scale of it. I'd keep playing past the 18 turns, and I'll definitely buy this game.

The AI demo wasn't achieved. Full version should be more rewarding....Unless you downloaded the last files I've posted in the Imrve subforum, with the definitive version of AI

edit / I forgot: recommanded AI settings are +2 Fog of war and more time for the AI.

edit 2:: I've made a new try against Red AI with basic settings ( ie no bonus for FOW or more time for the AI). Red is less subtle, but the result is the same: some rails are indeed broken up, but as Siberian I've not yet definitly seized Kazan, or Simbirsk, or Saratov....RED is ahead in VP and I believe it's the primary goal: win ;)
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

gpepper

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:59 pm

PANGI wrote:Recognised some of the units in the graphic directory ;) . But anyway my compliments for your graphic guy (quite demotivating :( )

Thanks Pangi ! ;)
[CENTER]. : G P E P P E R : .
[url]http://www.gillespfeiffer.com[/URL]
[url]http://www.frenchschoolofcg.com[/URL][/align]

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:27 pm

I'm correcting the english tutorial, as I almost did with the french one in patch 1.01 (but is finished for the next RUS patch). (In 1.01 I already had corrected a little the english demo)
The interface too is to be corrected a little, as at least the french one can be sometimes confusing or incomplete (I will correct when some override problems are gone).

When this is done, it will be a very good idea to make the demo anew (1.02 or some later), and let it know with adverts... as the tutorial was at first confusing and could frighten those not used with AGEod games... It will give the game a second chance, the good one, and should gather new players.

It would be good if the manual was corrected and completed, but it should be a bigger work that would delay the new demo. But a good manual could help buying the game too...

The tutorial lacks with Building (big turret) and Reinforcement (ledger) learnings how they work and what they do, too (what's the difference between the two features).

Perfect manual and completed tutorial should be for a 1.25 version? lol

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”