Cat Lord

The die is cast

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:18 pm

The first two events of the game, from the two camps point of view, in an introductory Scenario called "Ice March" :cool:

Like the other AGE engine based games, in RUS, events will happen during the course of the game; some will be multi-choice events (like in RoP), some have an influence in the game (e.g. getting reinforcements, etc...) and some are Flavour events, to let the players follow the course of History. :)

Cat
Attachments
Event2.jpg
Event1.jpg
[CENTER]
Image[/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:50 pm

Looks very good :thumbsup: and I very much liked the event system in ROP.
And some interface improvements seen in Rostov, plus I have passion about that time frame. I can not be objective :)

Charles
Lieutenant

Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:32 pm

looking good! :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Def Zep
Conscript

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:26 pm

Beautiful!

Could you give us a bit of insight into the game and tell us what the markers at the top of the screen show?

I think I can figure out the last four, but the first three are a mystery:

- ?
- ?
- ?
- Money
- Manpower
- Artillery
- Transportation (RR)

lodilefty

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:29 pm

Def Zep wrote:Beautiful!

Could you give us a bit of insight into the game and tell us what the markers at the top of the screen show?

I think I can figure out the last four, but the first three are a mystery:

- ?
- ?
- ?
- Money
- Manpower
- Artillery
- Transportation (RR)

Having just written Tutorial 1: :D

"A panel in the top left corner of the screen shows a graphical depiction of the terrain and current weather of the region your mouse is over. In the center of the screen you have 7 indicators showing respectively the National Morale, the total number of Victory Points, Engagement Points, Money (in thousands), Conscripts (in companies), War Supplies, and Rail Pool."
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Def Zep
Conscript

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:38 pm

Thank you, Lodi!

Definitely interested in this game. Looking forward to its release.

jack54
Brigadier General

Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:30 pm

yes, looking very nice...(the map seems huge) thanks for the updates!

KCDennis
Corporal

Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:14 am

Add me to the list of those looking forward to this. I've played ACW, but not ROP. Is engagement points a concept from that game or something new?
"Wars make the decisions; diplomacy merely records them."
A.J.P. Taylor

Hohenlohe

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:33 am

Looks promising, thx... :thumbsup:

greetings

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Cat Lord

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:51 am

KCDennis wrote:Add me to the list of those looking forward to this. I've played ACW, but not ROP. Is engagement points a concept from that game or something new?
Engagement points are like "political points", I think they exist since BoA2/WIA. :)

You gain them by winning battles or achieving objectives, if I am not mistaken.

(For example you could have an event telling you to get city such and such by this or that date, and you would gain EP by achieving so).

You can spend the EP in the ledger, for example to get wide-raning effect (for example, convincing a minor faction to join you in the war, etc...).

Cat
[CENTER]

Image[/CENTER]

Василеостровск
Sergeant

Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:48 am

I sure this is known, but navy city "Kronstadt" is missing last letter.

I also :mdr: seeing 'late november 1917' above December 1919 in Pravda and story on graphic.

(I have no problem really just wanting to get near 10 post)

Excitement for this!

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:24 am

В wrote:I sure this is known, but navy city "Kronstadt" is missing last letter.

Not so. That is not usual, but "Kronstad" could be a good name at these times.

Василеостровск
Sergeant

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:16 am

ERISS wrote:Not so. That is not usual, but "Kronstad" could be a good name at these times.

All of my time period maps and books say 'Кронштадт' with Piter named 'Петроград' 1921 rebellion is referred to as 'Кронштадтское восстание' (Kronstadt uprising) I never learned in Soviet or Russian school or University of changing name, but I could just not have learned it I guess.

Pocus

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:23 am

You are actually the first Russian player that I know of to post on the forum. How do you discovered our games, with Akella?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Василеостровск
Sergeant

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:45 am

Pocus wrote:You are actually the first Russian player that I know of to post on the forum. How do you discovered our games, with Akella?

I don't understand question I think, I found games on and bought on website 'Gamersgate' when I read about "Rise of Prussia" I play miniature model wargames of this and period Napoleonic and was given interest. I look for patch on forum, read about civil war title and got excited.

I live in Piter and in spring summer and fall work as guide specialize in tours of February and October 1917 revolutions.

I do not pay attention to Akella, most games not interested in.

PJJ
Captain

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:50 am

Looks good, as always. Can't wait for the game!

However, there's a typo in the first screenshot. That Finnish river north of Petrograd; it's called VUOKSI, not VUOSKI as you have it written on the map.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vuoksi

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:31 am

В wrote:All of my time period maps and books say 'Кронштадт'. I never learned in Soviet or Russian school or University of changing name.

Like you I always thought Kronstadt was the good name.
But many writers removed the ending "t".

Василеостровск
Sergeant

Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:15 am

ERISS wrote:Like you I always thought Kronstadt was the good name.
But many writers removed the ending "t".

Interesting, I mostly read Soviet Times accounts, perhaps this dropping the 't' was only informal, though I have long wondered why Kronstadt never had a name change, even Gatchina had 2 and Tsarskoye Selo became Detskoye Selo then finally modern name Pushkin. I thought Leningrad's navy base would be given Soviet name :confused:

In fact Kronstadt is only city on map to not be renamed! Finns renamed Olonets in WW2 :D But now ofcourse is back to Olonets and Gatchina is back to Gatchina.

Kev_uk
Colonel

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:16 pm

This game is looking to be the very first PC title about this period of Russian History. And also, going by previous AGEOD titles, it will be good as well.

I remember playing a game called Stalins Dilemma about developing the Soviet Union, through the five year plans up until the outbreak of hostilities with Germany. Its on underdogs now..so whilst we wait for RUS, its worth a go.

http://playthisthing.com/stalins-dilemma

Edit: there is a link to the program on this site - underdogs seem to be broken.

Hohenlohe

Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:17 pm

I am very excited to get my hands on this title very soon, but I have some question. Is it possible to get a boxed version besides the download either by AGEOD or by Matrix...??

greetings

Hohenlohe

edit:which are the minimum requirements?? I must use a laptop with only 512 MB due to a harsh heat problem on my PC machine and I have therefore to wait for my machine for some days or weeks because I gave it away for the repair to a good company.
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

Hohenlohe

Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:16 pm

Dear fellows, as the release date is nearby, can us anybody tell where we can buy RUS?? As I prefer both digital download and a boxed version, I want to know whether Ageod or Matrix will make that available to us users??

thx

Hohenlohe
R.I.P. Henry D.

stormbringer3
Sergeant

Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:40 pm

I'd also like to know about physical copy availability. I live in a dialup only area so downloading is not a good option for me.
Thanks.

beatoangelico
Private

Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:52 pm

a physical copy should be available from matrix

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”