Clovis

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:52 pm

RUS will havethe epic feeling of AACW , in a yet much refined UI and engine. I tried it.
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Xenozod
Civilian

Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:01 am

I love your previous works, but this one made me actually register. This is the civil war I've been wanting to play, and that's coming from an ACW reenactor. Thank you!

OneArmedMexican
General

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:16 pm

Somewhere on this forum, there was a release date flying around: November 2010!

So I started started searching on the internet for confirmation. It is scary. One would almost think this game didn't even exist.

Previews? OK, I didn't really expect any. It's an AGEOD game, those usually fly somewhat under the radar.

Preorder with major distributors like Amazon? What was I thinking? Of course not!

But surely, I thought, AGEOD would at least visibly advertise its next title on its own homepage. Nothing! (OK, I didn't search every corner of that homepage). But NOTHING??!

Am I dreaming? Was this supposed release date a flake? Or is this some kind of screwed up marketing idea (withhold information to creat excitement)? ;)

Seriously, I would be incredibly sad if this great-looking game would find no buyers simply because nobody except for die-hard AGEOD fans even heared about it!

Gray_Lensman

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:29 pm

deleted

Clovis

Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:43 pm

OneArmedMexican wrote:Somewhere on this forum, there was a release date flying around: November 2010!

So I started started searching on the internet for confirmation. It is scary. One would almost think this game didn't even exist.

Previews? OK, I didn't really expect any. It's an AGEOD game, those usually fly somewhat under the radar.

Preorder with major distributors like Amazon? What was I thinking? Of course not!

But surely, I thought, AGEOD would at least visibly advertise its next title on its own homepage. Nothing! (OK, I didn't search every corner of that homepage). But NOTHING??!

Am I dreaming? Was this supposed release date a flake? Or is this some kind of screwed up marketing idea (withhold information to creat excitement)? ;)

Seriously, I would be incredibly sad if this great-looking game would find no buyers simply because nobody except for die-hard AGEOD fans even heared about it!

I'm doing for my own some tests on AI. it's a bit long... ;)
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

TheDoctorKing

Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:59 pm

Is this thing really going to be released in eight days?

I'm excited!
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Knight of the Realm
Sergeant

Release date?

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:09 am

The release date for this bandied about in one of the other forums was 7th Nov 2010, which is next Sunday...

Is this still the release date or has it changed? Am really looking forward to it, looks like a great game, and is obviously a very interesting period... Am curious as to why it was chosen in preference to Vainglory (which I am also looking forward to! - When is that due - sometime next year I would assume, but when?). I know I know, patience is a virtue, but it's one I've always been a little short of...!

Seb

Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:38 am

The release will be on 23rd november :)
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

beatoangelico
Private

Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:38 pm

I've read that RUS will be available through Matrix, are gamersgate and impulse being considered for distribution too?

PhilThib

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:41 pm

Gamersgate is under discussions as far as I know. Same for AGEOD. No idea for Impulse yet :cool:

ashandresash
Captain

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:08 pm

I know it's of your interest also, but I prefer clearly Gamersgate rather than Matrix.

von Sachsen
Captain

Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:27 pm

As do I. Admitadly it is probably because I am just farmiliar with GG, and there is the convieniece of having everything on one site, but I still prefer it.

bobbob
Corporal

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:24 am

The 23rd! Man i booked my holidays for the week of the second! Rus and Call of Duty were to be the dream holiday. Wife works, kid works. Home gaming alone for hours. Well i've been waiting for VGN since the first bannner, and patiently waited through WW1"s many patches(Love the end result) so i guess i can wait a little while longer. Great subject and looks to be a great game.

Hohenlohe

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:27 am

Wonderful, a little more time to purchase some old books and other things at ebay making some money to buy RUS.
Personally I can wait even until christmas, but I prefer a purchase at Gamersgate, because my games will be available even after some years and so I can circumvent some problems with my PC related to Securom. Thx to SEGA... :wacko: :bonk:
At the moment I am not able to install even drm-free games because this damned Securom-problem blocks all installations besides securom-secured ones and often such ones...*aaarrgh*

Instead of that I congratulate your Developer Team for all your efforts belonging to RUS. I think you all did something wonderful...

greetings

Hohenlohe

edit:my main problem is to install from disk and and if there will be a physical version I will get some problems very soon. But now I remind to buy from Ageod instead of GG via download as I trust both Philippes totally and I like to give them my spare money or last penny for such a game...
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:47 am

Phil: I will buy it from you and Pocus as soon as possible. t

PhilThib

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:59 am

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:36 am

PhilThib wrote:Gamersgate is under discussions as far as I know. Same for AGEOD. No idea for Impulse yet :cool:

I thought since it was based on AGEODs engine AGEOD would be the distributor. I got to admit that I prefer GG before AGEOD because I dont need to keep the download file with GG.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:11 am

Hohenlohe wrote: I prefer a purchase at Gamersgate, because my games will be available even after some years and so I can circumvent some problems with my PC related to Securom.

But Gamersgate is already a DRM (as Steam)...:
FAQ
. Can I download the game on my office PC and install it on my home PC which does not have an internet connection?
No, you cannot. Internet connection is required to install games.
connection is needed to sign in and start the installation process.

That's why I may prefer Matrix to Gamersgate.
(As RUS is about an old story, maybe the game could be on Good Old Games? for $10 lol)

Knight of the Realm
Sergeant

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:15 am

Seb wrote:The release will be on 23rd november :)

Thanks for that!

23rd November is only a couple of weeks ago, I think I can live without it for that long!

My intention would be to buy it straight from the good folks at AGEOD as soon as its released (like I did with ROP).

Clovis

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:57 am

Knight of the Realm wrote:Thanks for that!

23rd November is only a couple of weeks ago, I think I can live without it for that long!

My intention would be to buy it straight from the good folks at AGEOD as soon as its released (like I did with ROP).

Good choice.Once I get one new game, i:

- burn it on a CD
- create a copy on a external HD
- create a second copy on the second HD of my laptop.

I will never know if GG or Impulse will be there in the next years
And I want the largest part of my money to AGEOD
[LEFT]Disabled

[CENTER][LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Kev_uk
Colonel

Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:16 pm

This game sounds really interesting. All I know about Russian Civil War is that it decimated the country immediatly post 1917 revolution. In the game, are there any social/political factors involved, or is this just a purely military game? I know the population were starving in places such as St. Petersburg etc, is this modelled in any way?

Sounds an interesting concept.

Cat Lord

Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Two developers' interviews in French, with microsoft translate service:

Sebastien's interview

Thomas' Interview

:)

Cat
[CENTER]
Image[/CENTER]

Hohenlohe

RUS Announced at Matrix

Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:12 pm

AT Matrix Games RUS was announced yesterday in the Coming Soon-Thread, but a release date was not offered.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/396/details/Revolution.Under.Siege.

Usually Matrix will offer both a digital and a physical version. :thumbsup:
The only thing in which I am interested: Will be there a german version or is that all only in English and a german version will be offered later...??

I hope nobody feels offended as I will buy RUS at Matrix for the boxed version only...

greetings

Hohenlohe... :coeurs:
R.I.P. Henry D.

In Remembrance of my Granduncle Hans Weber, a Hungaro-German Soldier,served in Austro-Hungarian Forces during WWI,war prisoner, missed in Sibiria 1918...

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Hohenlohe wrote:AT Matrix Games RUS was announced
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/396/details/Revolution.Under.Siege.

I think this box could be shoking, as this big Hammer&Sickle could be seen like a big swastika for many.
I'm not against historical symbols in games, but hatred ones as a selling picture could be understood as promoting them.
You can be provoking punks (I believe that is not your point), but you then need a Malcom Mc Laren to sell these things...

Василеостровск
Sergeant

Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:53 pm

ERISS wrote:I think this box could be shoking, as this big Hammer&Sickle could be seen like a big swastika for many.
I'm not against historical symbols in games, but hatred ones as a selling picture could be understood as promoting them.
You can be provoking punks (I believe that is not your point), but you then need a Malcom Mc Laren to sell these things...

I like the box, whiners will whine about anything I have learned. I can not wait for release date.

Rafiki

Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:06 pm

В wrote:I like the box, whiners will whine about anything I have learned. I can not wait for release date.

[color="Blue"]BTW, referring to other posters here as "whiners" is not OK; hereabouts, we discuss the issues, not the people who have them :) [/color]
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:58 am

Is the Hammer & Sickle really banned in some countries?

I personally plan to play all sides, as I do in games where Germany and World War II is involved (i.e. I enjoy the game from the perspective of the hobby strategist and historican). We have 2010, and politics should have no place in gaming.

Banning of symbols like the swastika in Germany/Austria is correct and necessary, but mostly as a means to restrict certain extremist political parties and situations where it is used as a a means of political expression, eg in demonstrations.

Speaking as former east german, I have no problem with the Hammer & Sickle or with Russians that once occupied our country.

Slavs and other people from opressed countries have ample opportunities to interfere into the conflict on the side of Whites.

Cat Lord

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:11 am

GlobalExplorer wrote:Is the Hammer & Sickle really banned in some countries?
Apparently so, but subject is closed now:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19170

Let's not beat a dead horse.

Thanks,

Cat
[CENTER]

Image[/CENTER]

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:36 pm

PhilThib wrote:September 1st, 2010
I guess you will like RUS.
The game will be released by Akella in Russia almost at the same time like us :cool:

What about Akella release?
They're waiting for some game maturation?

PhilThib

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:52 am

They don't...it just take time to translate everything into Russia (it's much more work than we think, as for instance map graphics have to be redone in Cyrillic characters) and also don't forget their calendar is a bit different than ours and they were on vacation till yesterday :coeurs:

Return to “Revolution Under Siege”