Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

James H. Wilson

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:51 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_H._Wilson

324 USA James H. Wilson ldr_USA_Wilson2 $Cavalryman NULL NULL NULL 5 5 2 36 General 1 NULL 4 3 3
327 USA James H. Wilson ldr_USA_Wilson $Cavalryman NULL NULL NULL 5 5 1 25 General 1 NULL 4 3 3

Fine to me, he was also an excellent administrator and organiser, we could give also him Signal_Cmd
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Pocus

Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:36 am

Signal Cmd is restricted to the signal unit, don't gives it to leaders please.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

frank7350
Brigadier General

Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:32 am

what about an engineering trait due to his background? he spent his prewar career as an army engineer...then spent half the war as a engineer, and half as a cavalry officer...

otherwise, i agree his stats look good.

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:22 am

I talked to Pocus about a "chief of staff" trait that could be usefull. I think he might qualify for this one...
About the engineer trait, I thought about it but no significant achievement either. Let's try not to overcrowd our leaders with abilities.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

soloswolf
General of the Army

Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:29 pm

I think 'reckless' should be added. 'Hothead's' effects are too strong to be applied to him, but I think he definitely merits 'reckless'.

If Lee has it, Wilson should really, really have it.
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wilson?

Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:05 pm

Pocus/Korry: You have given this guy ratings for a corp commander of the Grand Army!! I personally never heard of him much less mentioning his name in conjunction with Lee? :p apy:

soloswolf
General of the Army

Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:20 pm

He was a very accomplished engineer, and cavalry commander. He did a lot for Federal cavalry organization throughout the later part of the war and commanded a cavalry corps under Thomas/Sherman in the West.

My point in mentioning Lee was that if could be considered reckless, one such as Wilson ought to be as well.
My name is Aaron.

Knight of New Hampshire

woodcojb
Conscript

Wilson

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:57 pm

James Wilson was responsible for the great raid into Alabama and Georgia in 1864 where 17,000 cavalry brought the war to central Alabama. Forrest was defeated, Selma was captured, Columbus, GA fell, and Wilson reached Macon, GA when Johnston surrendered. Wilson then participated in the capture of Davis in Irwinville, GA. Wilson's men, like Sherman's, were disappointed when Lee surrendered as they thought their ultimate destination was to be Virginia.

Wilson the fighter handled Forrest well and was a major part of Thomas' effort at Nashville. However, I don't want to go crazy with his stats.

4-2-2 at Division, Cavalryman
4-2-2 at Corps, Cavalryman, Plunderer_Pop?

Return to “Officers room”