WIA patch 1.08 rc6 (September 29)

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:57 am

Release candidate 6 is now on, see post #64

==============================================================================
BOA2 : War in America patch 1.08 RC5
September 14, 2010
==============================================================================

Major Changes:
* You no longer assault structures if you are still moving, you only assault them if you have stopped moving (the region of the structure is your destination or you don't move at all) UNLESS your ROE is also 'all out attack'. Both the assault posture and ROE tooltips have been updated to explain that to the player.
This is to prevent serious problems for the AI... This has been observed in several of the AGE games with unexpected assaults from the AI... She wants to assault region X, but in the end it happens she will before assault region Y and more often than not: ... bloodbath...
* AutoGarrison is now using Advanced version (see AGE Wiki: http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/The_Auto-garrison_feature ).

Additions/Fixes
* Corrected txt desccription for "Master Logistician" to state he must command the stack to be effective.
* Added Siege parameter sieSurrenderModEndangered.
* Added Leader Biographical notes to 18th Century leaders. (Thank you, Stéphane Parrin)

Graphics
* Changed the flags appearing in Battle Report for ING, INF and COL factions
* MiniMap color for INDian Faction changed to be more visible.
* Corrected positions of text in "Newspaper" message display.

Engine
* Added new Faction Select front end
* Added scripting enhamcement: Turns Fixed when creating a new group can also be expressed as "Unfix Date" with format YYYY/MM/DD (text)
* Siege logic updated as in RoP 1.02
* Updated the Factions parameters to latest data set

AI
* Added "fitness" parameters to settings
* the AI now considers the % of light elements (raiders, cavalry) when checking for assaults against a structure, and not just the ratio of power between the defenders and the assaulting force.

Modding
* Creation of Models.cached enabled, to speed up game load

Map
* Increased tavel time by ships to Hudson Bay (Beware: it will be a very long trip in harsh weather!)

1755 Campaign, 1756 Moncalm, 1759 Annus Mirablis and equivalent COL variants
* Added notification message for GBR Crown Point bateaux build event in 1758-59
* Corrected model reference for all "Battoemen build Bateaux" events
* Improved "Native Alliance" Option for both sides. Option now restricted to search and unlock only fixed units.

1755 Campaign COL variant
* Activated Advanced AutoGarrison for FRA and GBR in Cities, Settlements and Stockades
* Corrected "destruction of cities" bug
* Many "frontier" Cities and Forts converted to Stockades and Settlements
* Harbor added at Oriskany (head of navigable waters)
* Some small cities on "frontier" eliminated if there is also a Fort or Stockade co-located.
* Improved "Native Alliance" Option for both sides. Option now restricted to search and unlock only fixed units.

1775/1776 Campaigns
* Corrected messages to GBR when USA options for Extended Milita Service are taken (1775/76 Campaigns)
* Corrected duplicate "Sphynx" GBR ship unit (1775/76 Campaigns)
* Improved "Native Alliance" Option for GBR. Option now restricted to search and unlock only fixed units.

1791 Fallen Timbers
* Activated Advanced AutoGarrison for USA in Settlements and Stockades

1812 Campaign
* Fixed date-syntax error in "Exile" flavor event
* Fixed appearance of Jackson's Army at New Oleans (wasn't happening if the GBR was AI controlled)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:00 am

A note concerning the new featuring of auto-garrison, which is now able to spontaneously, on the fly, muster a garrison if a location is besieged by enemy forces:

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/AutoGarrison_Feature

This new feature, coded for VGN and retrofitted into WIA (could work for ACW too) has vast potential, like creating at last artilleries units for forts. The rule is done so it can't be exploited by having these artilleries used in any other manner (like adding them in a combat stack).

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Carnium

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:11 pm

Pocus wrote:A note concerning the new featuring of auto-garrison, which is now able to spontaneously, on the fly, muster a garrison if a location is besieged by enemy forces:

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/AutoGarrison_Feature

This new feature, coded for VGN and retrofitted into WIA (could work for ACW too) has vast potential, like creating at last artilleries units for forts. The rule is done so it can't be exploited by having these artilleries used in any other manner (like adding them in a combat stack).

Interesting and great feature. Is this already in ROP too?
The only thing that I am bit concerned of is this:
* Enough replacements of the first element of the unit which will be created must be in stock.

IF the garrison uses militia then it is no problem. But if not, then the main problem will or would be if you are in a dire need of replacements for you field armies when your garrison units get them instead. Something like that is already happening in NPC and ROP and probably in WiA too -> locked, fixed and static units in cities get your much needed replacements as new elements.

lodilefty

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:49 pm

Carnium wrote:Interesting and great feature. Is this already in ROP too?
The only thing that I am bit concerned of is this:

IF the garrison uses militia then it is no problem. But if not, then the main problem will or would be if you are in a dire need of replacements for you field armies when your garrison units get them instead. Something like that is already happening in NPC and ROP and probably in WiA too -> locked, fixed and static units in cities get your much needed replacements as new elements.

To clarify: The Simple AutoGarrison requires replacements, etc., and has been "in" the WIA game engine since day 1 (AFAIK, it originited in NCP, and the capability has been added to patches for all games since)

The (new) Advanced AutoGarrison does not. This is now active in WIA, and can be activated in other newly patched games. Only the Fallen Timbers and 1755 COL Campaign have the necessary AddGarrison commands, for now, but any scenario can now be modded to add it.

I will review the Wiki to see how to further clarify the differences between Simple and Advanced AutoGarrison :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Carnium

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:11 pm

[quote="lodilefty"][/QUOTE]
Thanks Lodi ;)

Pocus

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Release Candidate #2:

Some files were missing in RC1, here they are:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/patch_WIA_v1.08rc2.zip

lodilefty

Missing File for 1.08 RC2

Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:48 pm

Pocus wrote:Release Candidate #2:

Some files were missing in RC1, here they are:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/patch_WIA_v1.08rc2.zip

Still missing one file: required to activate Advanced AutoGarrison:

Extract into your WIA\Settings folder after applying patch 1.08 RC2
1 file overwritten
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Minor Ledger bug

Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:01 pm

When viewing Leger F1-F1 (second screen of Forces listing):

• Admiral Filter button has no NATO symbol
  • Raider Filter button shows S symbol rather that R

...and Skirmisher shows L, which is WAD, I think... :wacko: :bonk:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Hobbes

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:04 am

I downloaded rc2 from the top link but it still says rc1 on the loading screen - is this OK?

Cheers, Chris

lodilefty

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:24 am

Hobbes wrote:I downloaded rc2 from the top link but it still says rc1 on the loading screen - is this OK?

Cheers, Chris

Yes. RC2 is DB changes only.

Done quickly by Pocus as he was leaving for the beach. :D

Be sure to add the file I mentioned too....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

tyrex
Colonel

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:10 am

I've got quite issues with that one. Everytime I'm doing the march 1776 turn, I've got a critical error blocking the game.
I'd rather go back to the 1.07 as it seems.

lodilefty

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:45 am

tyrex wrote:I've got quite issues with that one. Everytime I'm doing the march 1776 turn, I've got a critical error blocking the game.
I'd rather go back to the 1.07 as it seems.

A saved game would be nice to see. :)

Obscure references like this are essentially pointless, as there is no way for us to determine the cause.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

tyrex
Colonel

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:59 pm

lodilefty wrote:A saved game would be nice to see. :)

Obscure references like this are essentially pointless, as there is no way for us to determine the cause.

sorry I've deleted all the files. But I've start a new one. As soon as I've got a crash I'll send you the bugged files.

lodilefty

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:48 pm

:thumbsup:
tyrex wrote:sorry I've deleted all the files. But I've start a new one. As soon as I've got a crash I'll send you the bugged files.

:D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

WallysWorld
Captain

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:44 am

Using the 1.08rc2 patch for a PBEM game, I'm getting a critical error when trying to play the Next Turn button from October 1777 to November. I just sent an email to Ageod support with the game files, logs and my dxdiag result.

But this is the error showing up in the main log:

6:29:52 PM (Reporting) THost.ProcessTurn Starting hosting of turn 2134 - 1777, October
6:29:52 PM [Error ] THost.CheckHarshnessDamage Exception caught: Violation d'accès à l'adresse 00766FA6 dans le module 'WIA.exe'. Lecture de l'adresse 00000008
6:29:52 PM [Error ] THost.AbortProcess Hosting aborted while performing PreHostProcess: CheckHarshnessDamage
6:29:52 PM [Error ] THost.AbortProcess Hosting aborted while performing PreHostProcess
6:34:14 PM [Critical ] TGameSim.ExportData Exception caught, ExportStep: Structures Violation d'accès à l'adresse 005BDA32 dans le module 'WIA.exe'. Lecture de l'adresse 000287D4

lodilefty

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:14 am

WallysWorld wrote:Using the 1.08rc2 patch for a PBEM game, I'm getting a critical error when trying to play the Next Turn button from October 1777 to November. I just sent an email to Ageod support with the game files, logs and my dxdiag result.

But this is the error showing up in the main log:

6:29:52 PM (Reporting) THost.ProcessTurn Starting hosting of turn 2134 - 1777, October
6:29:52 PM [Error ] THost.CheckHarshnessDamage Exception caught: Violation d'accès à l'adresse 00766FA6 dans le module 'WIA.exe'. Lecture de l'adresse 00000008
6:29:52 PM [Error ] THost.AbortProcess Hosting aborted while performing PreHostProcess: CheckHarshnessDamage
6:29:52 PM [Error ] THost.AbortProcess Hosting aborted while performing PreHostProcess
6:34:14 PM [Critical ] TGameSim.ExportData Exception caught, ExportStep: Structures Violation d'accès à l'adresse 005BDA32 dans le module 'WIA.exe'. Lecture de l'adresse 000287D4

Thank you! :coeurs:

This has been fixed for next release. :thumbsup:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

WallysWorld
Captain

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:45 pm

lodilefty,

I can assume than that our current PBEM is done? Or will we be able to continue it after the next patch release?

I hope I did send the right files and info to the support email.

lodilefty

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:44 pm

WallysWorld wrote:lodilefty,

I can assume than that our current PBEM is done? Or will we be able to continue it after the next patch release?

I hope I did send the right files and info to the support email.

Yup, correct files recieved. :thumbsup:

You should be able to continue your current game..... :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

WallysWorld
Captain

Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:13 am

Woo! Woo!

Thanks, lodilefty!

Pocus

Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:56 pm

this is RC3!

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/patch_WIA_v1.08rc3.zip

Bug fixes mostly (a crash during weather damage among others little fix)

lodilefty

Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:57 pm

Looks good to me! :thumbsup:

We'll need as much input as poosible for thiis, so it can soon become official :D :coeurs:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

WallysWorld
Captain

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:24 pm

Will download and install RC3 tonight and see if I can continue our PBEM.

Many thanks for this quick patch!

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi thanks for the work on the patch :) ..... is this patch savegame compatible with the 1.08RC2 patch.

WallysWorld
Captain

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:00 am

The patch allowed me to continue on past October 1777. Many thanks again for the patch.

Longhairedlout, yes the patch is compatible with previous saves as I'm continuing with my PBEM game.

lodilefty

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:16 am

Longhairedlout wrote:Hi thanks for the work on the patch :) ..... is this patch savegame compatible with the 1.08RC2 patch.

Yes! :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:11 pm

Thanks Wally and Lodilefty, I have upgraded :)

PANGI

Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:44 pm

Can i load 1.07b save if i'll upgrade to 1.08rc3?
ImageImage

lodilefty

Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:04 pm

PANGI wrote:Can i load 1.07b save if i'll upgrade to 1.08rc3?

Yes, I think it is OK. :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

PANGI

Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:46 pm

good :)
ImageImage

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:46 pm

I have posted in the replacement post in forum but British Grenadiers not only showing as line inf. and also they are using Line infantry replacements for replenishing missing elements instead of Elit. (colonial campaign)

Unit panel of English Gorham rangers are shown as light infantry(skirmisher)symbol , but they are shown as irregular units in ledger Im not sure about their replacement type.

I uploaded a save file about Forbes's army Great Britain (ai) winter Quartering desicion in replacement post. They were out of supply even they can build up to 2 levels of Depot, for a total of level 3.

Cheers,

[ATTACH]12242[/ATTACH]
Attachments
pic5.jpg

Return to “Help to improve WIA”