calvinus

Public beta patch 1.08D

Wed May 26, 2010 10:56 am

Hello everybody,

here you can find an updated beta patch 1.08D.

All new texts of Tutorial #4 are present, so inclding German and Spanish translations.

This can be regarded as a candidate for official patch.

Here you can download the beta patch for the full version:
[removed for 1.08E]

And here for the demo version:
[removed for 1.08E]

Please report here if you find some glitches or major issues.

Also, I improved the copy-protection of the game against hackers :siffle:
So report here if you have weird game behaviour during initialization / loading time or other moments...

If everything goes well, this candidate can become the official patch in a couple of days. :)

Herewith I listed all news...

[Version 1.0.8a]
[Version 1.0.8b]
[Version 1.0.8c]
[Version 1.0.8d]

New features:
- Added Tutorial #4 for Trench Warfare (also explains some of the new features coming with Gold edition)

Improvements:
- Introduced a time-stamp based sort procedure in orders execution in order to guarantee a perfect synchronization in Multiplayer mode
- Military AI improved by adding a urgent escape for isolated/out-of-supply stacks
- Military AI improved to give more strategic importance to Grand Offensives targets when planning attacks
- Military AI can now ignore the rule concerning the placement of reinforcements in major cities if the difficulty level is set at 3+
- The rule for max sustainable attacks by Central Powers has been tweaked in order to allow attacks in excess in case of Grand Offensives or escape movements done by isolated or out-of-supply stacks
- Modifiers for new Combat Doctrine adoption tests have been slightly modded in order to give a bit more chances od success
- Added a rule that prevents the redeployment of HQs and GHQs to rest-of-the-world areas (i.e.: Africa)
- Added some correction in Spanish game texts
- Diplomacy can now be done on Serbia in the very first Diplomatic pre-phase
- Main Offensives against nations that surrendered during the offensive are now counted as successful
- Introduced a replica mechanism for Interceptions in Multiplayers matches (moddable in WW1.ini file, see parameter 'InterceptionTimeoutThreshold' expressed in milliseconds)
- Weird movement paths outside the boundaries of the map screen are no more displayed
(*) HQs destroyed for prolonged isolation may be now rebuilt
- Added message for automatic retreats towards nearest supply source in case of no additional losses (no disordered retreats)
- The binocular of battle screen is now better centered over the area where combat takes place
- Added new security checks in audio engine to avoid crashes
- Added new security checks in battle screen to avoid crashes

Scenario corrections:
- Tutorial #2: added a few corrections

Fixed bugs:
- Diplomatic missions planned by the enemy cannot be anymore spotted in Diplomacy window
- Fixed a bug that removed Grand Offensives planning in case of 2 armies commitment
- Fixed a bug in savegame procedure concerning the automatic reinforcement of RP flow of minor nations
- Fixed a bug of recursivity in diplomatic level progression that caused a too easy diplomatic escaltion (i.e.: for USA, UK)
- Corrected a mistake in German game texts that caused a crash when entering the Technological Researchs window
- Fixed a bug in air battles that allowed to reuse air squadrons during the second combat round even if destroyed during the first one
- Introduced a security check in interceptions and next battle clicks for single player mode to avoid game freezes related to those events
- Fixed some mistakes in Leaders Misunderstanding rule
- Fixed a typo error in battle logs for surprise event
- Fixed a rare AI freeze on Military AI occurring only in case of total annihilation of land forces for never surrendering minor nations
- Fixed a regression bug in Grand Offensives' success/failure checks introduced by beta patch 1.08C
- Fixed a rare crash in "main front change negative NW effects" turn rule check

Rows highlighted in bold refer to 1.08D.

(*) : not woring for old savesages.

Best regards,
Calvinus.

Fastsnake
Major

Wed May 26, 2010 11:44 am

But the improvements shown here are those brought by the 1.08 patch since its "a" version. So what does this particular patch enhance, as a matter of fact? :)
Thank you for your answer!

calvinus

Wed May 26, 2010 1:21 pm

Fastsnake wrote:But the improvements shown here are those brought by the 1.08 patch since its "a" version. So what does this particular patch enhance, as a matter of fact? :)
Thank you for your answer!

Core 1.08D news are now bold highlighted.

calvinus

Wed May 26, 2010 5:45 pm

Important advice: if you want to give a big bonus to AI, mainly during placement of reinforcents (to better fill the front-line), set Difficulty Level to 4+.

Franciscus

Wed May 26, 2010 6:14 pm

Tutorial #4 looks good, bravo.

Just 2 minor things:
- It does not show in the scenarios window after tuto#3, but farther down in the list. It should appear right after #3
- There are still a few "into the tutorial" not changed in the text to "in" ;) (sorry, I missed a couple of them... :( ). If you want, I can send the corrections later.

Best regards

calvinus

Wed May 26, 2010 6:24 pm

Franciscus wrote:- It does not show in the scenarios window after tuto#3, but farther down in the list. It should appear right after #3

All scenarios (so tutorials included) are sorted by start turn. So, Tutorial #4 is put immediately after the scenario of Caporetto.

Franciscus wrote:- There are still a few "into the tutorial" not changed in the text to "in" ;) (sorry, I missed a couple of them... :( ). If you want, I can send the corrections later.

Send me the corrections when you can.

Thanks,
Calvinus.

calvinus

Wed May 26, 2010 7:01 pm

[color="Red"]WARNING[/color]: the new copy-protection is causing frequent crashes during battles, at least on my PC!

Argghh to hackers! :grr:

I will publish a new beta patch as soon as possible!

NefariousKoel
Captain

Wed May 26, 2010 7:19 pm

calvinus wrote:[color="Red"]WARNING[/color]: the new copy-protection is causing frequent crashes during battles, at least on my PC!

Argghh to hackers! :grr:

I will publish a new beta patch as soon as possible!

I figure they're gonna do it one way or another.

Why bother with spending time and frustration on it? Especially if it affects your paying customers. ;)

calvinus

Wed May 26, 2010 7:24 pm

Don't worry, I'm working hard to find a solution. A new beta will be available not later tomorrow.

calvinus

Wed May 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Solution found. The copy-protection does not cause crashes anymore. Patch update sent to Philippe. :love:

Drakken
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed May 26, 2010 9:37 pm

I do not know if it makes all versions crash down.

Will it come out later today?

AndrewKurtz

Wed May 26, 2010 9:56 pm

Yes. Please let us know when it is posted so we can redownload.

Tamas

Wed May 26, 2010 10:04 pm

I am pretty sure Calvinus and Philippe will let you know when the link has been replaced.

It's just that it's Philippe who can upload it to the AGEOD ftp server.

And its 10PM where he lives ;)

PhilThib

Wed May 26, 2010 10:48 pm

I can upload it only tomorrow morning from the office. I'll post the link as soon as it is up. :cool:

calvinus

Thu May 27, 2010 8:14 am

Drakken wrote:I do not know if it makes all versions crash down.

Not exactly. The new copy-protection system made the game crash somehow regularly during battles (exactly when moving from one battle to the next one).
The cause was undoubtely the new copy-protection, but this helped me to find a possible cause of game instability, that I recovered immediately.

Thus, 1.08E not only fixes the copy-protection crashes due to 1.08D, but also should avoid the erratic crashes reported on some PCs during battles.

count taaffe
Sergeant

Thu May 27, 2010 8:58 am

Hi Calvinus!

First of all, many thanks to you for the patch :thumbsup: . I suppose it can't be used with saved games - is that correct?

Cheers & thanks again

Peter

calvinus

Thu May 27, 2010 9:15 am

Yes, it can be used for older savegames done with gold edition.

PhilThib

Thu May 27, 2010 9:48 am

Return to “Help improve WW1!”