bburns9
Sergeant

Updated Generals Lists 1.14

Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:39 am

Finally done running my test scenarios and I have the USA & CSA Generals lists updated as of the last Quickfix for 1.14. They are both attached below. As with the ones I created for 1.13b:

1. If the general is automatically promoted, the date will appear above the corresponding rank. If there is no date, his promotion is contingent upon performance.

2. As I don't know how to read the program files, the location in which the unit enters is listed from several test campaigns I ran and/or from the read-me/posts when updates occurred.

3. The list is sorted by arrival date, then by rank, then by seniority.

4. Naval commanders are listed at the end of the file.

5. I deleted the field listing whether the general is promotable or not as that can be inferred by looking to see what his ranks are on the list.

6. I've updated the list to reflect the new feature where generals of 1 & 2 stars are promotable 1 rank higher than they were historically.

7. If you notice any inconsistencies or outright errors, please let me know and I'll correct them.

BB

[Edit] I've updated the Union list to now reflect the delayed arrival and activation of the Union NVA. Was arriving in Early May and unlocking in Late June, now it arrives in Early June and unlocks in Late July.

[Edit 2] As Degataga pointed out, there was a discrepancy with John Breckenridge on the CSA list. I did not have his standard promotion to 2 stars in there and the corresponding increase in ratings. The list is now updated with the correction.
Attachments

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension pdf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Find out what Grant drinks and send a barrel of it to each of my other generals! - A. Lincoln

arsan

Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:11 am

Great stuff! :coeurs: :coeurs:
Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

MrT
Colonel

Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:24 am

thats bordering on sexarrific! :coeurs:

Big Ideas
Captain

Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:41 am

Thanks bburns

this compliments your other great leader OoB for 1.13b.
Now I can make sure my leaders are in the right spot for their promotions.

thanks

BI

Colonel Dreux
Major

Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:50 pm

Good stuff. Got it downloaded. I'll be using it to help in editing all the generals.
Oh my God, lay me down!

picaron

Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:43 pm

Good work. :thumbsup:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

TEP
Conscript

Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:34 am

Important information in a good format.
Thank you!
Could this be stickied, wikified or something?
Or do we just bump it from time to time?

Schattensand
Lieutenant

Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:25 pm

This helps a lot.
Does strategic rating of a general change sometimes by gameplay, or only by promotion?
If Longstreet never possibly raises his rating above 3 after being promoted to 3 star general it would be wise to never promote him at all.
Same with Jackson and his anger trait.
I saw def and off rating change a lot , even dramatically, but strat. rating stayed always same same.
Is the command range dependable of the strat. rating?
If so there seems to be Lee the one and only, at least in 62-64

bburns9
Sergeant

Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:43 pm

Schattensand wrote:This helps a lot.
Does strategic rating of a general change sometimes by gameplay, or only by promotion?
If Longstreet never possibly raises his rating above 3 after being promoted to 3 star general it would be wise to never promote him at all.
Same with Jackson and his anger trait.
I saw def and off rating change a lot , even dramatically, but strat. rating stayed always same same.
Is the command range dependable of the strat. rating?
If so there seems to be Lee the one and only, at least in 62-64

I don't believe strategic rating changes (except for any increase with a promotion as defined by the leader database files). Meaning experience will only help increase off/def ratings for a leader. Jim NC did some great work on experience impacts here:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=14311&highlight=experience

Regarding promoting Longstreet & Jackson, most of my experience is as the Union, so I can't speak to that, though it would seem to make sense to me. There are a few Union generals where the same thing would apply (Fitzjohn Porter jumps to mind).

The command radius for the Army is dependent on the strategic rating (higher = wider radius).

Separately, it looks like there were a few slight modifications to appearances of the armies in '61, I'll get that corrected in the next few days and post an update, though I believe they are only off by about 1/2 month or one month.

BB
Find out what Grant drinks and send a barrel of it to each of my other generals! - A. Lincoln

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:47 pm

Promoting Fitz-John Porter makes a certain amount of sense because he loses 1 strat point, but he can be made a corps commander, and an army leader like Hooker or even Pope could increase it. Also, his 3 def rating makes him better than most leaders the Union has. I think John Reynolds' and Hancock's strat ratings change after promotion, too.

bburns9
Sergeant

Updated Union List

Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:00 am

The Union list at the top now accounts for the changed arrival and activation of the NVA Army. There were no changes to the CSA list. If anyone else notices anything out of whack, just let me know.

BB

mhohio
Civilian

Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:55 pm

I'm able to open the Union list, but i'm getting a corrupted file from the Confederate pdf list.... :wacko:

bburns9
Sergeant

Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:23 pm

mhohio wrote:I'm able to open the Union list, but i'm getting a corrupted file from the Confederate pdf list.... :wacko:

Weird. It opened for me just fine and I didn't change anything on that one from the first post 4 weeks ago. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you that way if you like.

BB

mhohio
Civilian

Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:20 pm

mhohio@hotmail.com thanks again... :thumbsup:

Degataga
Private

Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:20 pm

Hate to criticize an otherwise fine piece of work, but the entry for John C. Breckinridge isn't quite right. At 2 stars his stats are 4/3/2, not 3/2/2, and hes now generically promotable to 3 stars.

Still an incredibly useful list though.

bburns9
Sergeant

Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:30 pm

Degataga wrote:Hate to criticize an otherwise fine piece of work, but the entry for John C. Breckinridge isn't quite right. At 2 stars his stats are 4/3/2, not 3/2/2, and hes now generically promotable to 3 stars.

Still an incredibly useful list though.

Thanks Degataga - You are correct. I confirmed in the database files it's a 4/3/2 at 2 stars and then generically promotable to 3. I missed his promotion in the first one (1.13b) that I did and carried the error over. I've attached an updated Confederate version titled ....1.14c.

jack54
Brigadier General

Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:42 pm

thanks bburns9,this is something I've been looking for,it's a lot of work and well done!

Whitman
Private

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:48 am

Thank you for this effort.

blackbird
Sergeant

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:06 pm

arsan wrote:Great stuff! :coeurs: :coeurs:
Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

+1 :)

bburns9 wrote:7. If you notice any inconsistencies or outright errors, please let me know and I'll correct them.

I am only to turn 14 in the grand campaign and I have Bushrod Johnson and have had him since the 61' generals pool IIRC. If you are correct and he enters in the 62' pool, then please let me know as maybe I have a corrupt game file or something that I need to address.
[edit] Same goes for C.S. Winder
Thanks again for the hard work!

arsan

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:53 pm

Not sure about the B. Johnson thing but bear in mind this bburns9 lists are updated for 1.14.
Some changes were maybe done between 1.14 and 1.15... :confused: they should be reflected on the ACWupdtaes readme file.

Cheers!

bburns9
Sergeant

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:10 pm

blackbird wrote:+1 :)

I am only to turn 14 in the grand campaign and I have Bushrod Johnson and have had him since the 61' generals pool IIRC. If you are correct and he enters in the 62' pool, then please let me know as maybe I have a corrupt game file or something that I need to address.
[edit] Same goes for C.S. Winder
Thanks again for the hard work!

I've been away from the game for the past few months, I'll look to update the lists to the final patch as soon as possible. I have installed 1.15, but I've not gone through it to verify the generals' appearances.

bb

gchristie
Brigadier General

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Once any necessary changes are made for the ver 1.15 patch, will this also work for Clovis' SVF mod (for 1.15)?
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Gray_Lensman

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:17 pm

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:19 pm

deleted

bburns9
Sergeant

Generals on Legacy 1.15 Patch

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Ok, I just did a new install of 1.15 (in the event I had previously downloaded the beta that Gray referred to above), and Bushrod Johnson & Charles Winder are wrong on my lists. They do show up in Jan 61, so I'll go and verify the lists and make the appropriate corrections. I'm not sure what the last 1.14 fix was, but my lists were only good through 1.14c, so if there were updates that affected generals after that point, they would not be reflected in the lists above. I'll hope to have this completed in the next week as time permits.

Also of note, I use the 1861 Campaign w/Kentucky as the basis. I'm not sure if that makes a difference in the w/o Kentucky campaign or not.

BB

Gray_Lensman

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:00 pm

deleted

bburns9
Sergeant

Patch Reversals

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:53 pm

I'm not sure if I should be posting this in this thread or if it belongs somewhere else, but as I'm updating the general lists, I'm noticing that a few of the changes made from 1.13 on have been reversed in the 1.15 legacy patch. I've completed the CSA list and am working on the USA. A few reversals I've noted:

1. CSA: John Marmaduke is back to appearing in March of 1865 and has lost the Cavalryman ability. He was moved to appear in December of 1862 during one of the patches.

2. CSA: Bushrod Johnson is back with the 1861 Generals. He was moved to appear in the 1862 generals during one of the patches

3. CSA: Charles Winder is back with the 1861 Generals. He was moved to appear with Thomas Jackson in Late May 62 during one of the patches.

4. CSA: William Taliaferro is back in the 1862 Generals. He was moved to appear with Thomas Jackson in Early August 1862 during one of the patches.

5. USA: Carl Schurz is back to appearing between Late April 1861 and Late July 1861. He was moved to that same timeframe in 1862 during one of the patches.

6. USA: Army of Virginia is now back to appearing in Early May 1861 and Unlocking in Late June 1861. The timeframes had been changed to appearing in early June 1861 and unlocking in late July 1861 during one of the patches.

These will be reflected in the final lists for the 1.15 patch, but thought I'd point it out. I believe Gray mentioned something about changes being reversed when they went back to the old command point system for brigades.

BB

Gray_Lensman

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:03 pm

deleted

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”