Primasprit

CSV splitter

Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:15 pm

Following the instructions of the BoA modding manual I came to this section:
[font="Courier New"]"Save the Events
Open the CSV Splitter tool one last time and select the Setup,Events thumbnail again. Then load the CSV file you have made from the second sheet of the Excel scenario [EventXX.csv] file and click on OK to export it.
It will create in the destination folder (which you can change) a file called “XXXXX.sct”, where XXXX.sct is exactly the name you have entered for the event file in the include section of the Excel file second sheet."[/font]
Unfortunately the CSV splitter never creates such a .sct-file but always another "Script.ini" as described in the section [font="Courier New"]"Save the Geographical data"[/font].
So it seems I do something wrong. Any idea?

PhilThib

Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:17 am

Have you entered the "...xxx.sct" name at the right place in the excel sheet..?

It should be on the third line of the second spreadsheet, and have the following syntax (taken below is example from the game's 1778 campaign, you see what each column should contain on line 3)

NULL NULL ScriptName 1778 Campaign.sct NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL

Pocus

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:13 am

are you on the right tab in CSVSplitter? (setup& events)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Primasprit

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:22 am

It works now. The problem might be that I used Open Office for loading and exporting the spreadsheets before and now (in the office, don't tell anyone :innocent: ) used Excel. I will check the differences of the .csv-files to see what caused the problem.

Pocus

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:24 am

beware, even excel from time to time screw (and we never know why)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Primasprit

Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:34 pm

The problem was in fact the exported .csv file. If you save the file with Excel it did not ask you to configure the export filter but just save the file with semicolons as separators. Open office asks you how to save the file. The default separator is there a comma and these files don't work with the CSV splitter.

Pocus wrote:beware, even excel from time to time screw (and we never know why)

:eek: No I can not believe that! Excel can screw things up? But is is from Microsoft and part of the great Office Suite which improves you work performance almost unlimited!! ;)

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”