calvinus

Beta Patch 1.06I

Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:19 pm

Hi all,

The development of the gold edition of WW1 has started! That means I will post here beta patches as long this task will go onwards.

Herewith you can find the first beta path 1.06I. This time it's simply a zip file containing the WW1.exe and the Change Log txt. So unzip and copy the files in the game folder.

If you want to see the "1.0.6i" version label displayed on screen in the start menu, you have to edit manually the WW1.ini file. ;)

Herewith the latest news:

[Version 1.0.6i]

Improvements:
- The tooltip on the top frame now shows the complete list of available combat doctrines, so included those ones discovered by the allies
- All available combat doctrines can be used in battle, so included those ones discovered by the allies
- U-Boots hunting tests results are now notified to all players

Fixed bugs:
- Corrected the only-AI battle freezes in strict-turn-based mode (4-players game)
- Fixed a bug that caused infinite U-Boots reinforcements
- Fixed a rare crash in trench battles related to the assault troops fire-power determination
- Fixed a bug that prevented the AI defender from committing support units (tanks & assault troops) in trench battles
- All new unit build & fire-power improvement orders can be done only if the national treasury has 1+ EPs
- Fixed a bug that caused a wrong increment of the economic hit losses caused by strategic submarine warfare
- Naval minefields can now be placed only on coastal sea areas

Important: this beta-patch requires the version 1.06H installed, no demo!

Have fun!
Calvinus.
Attachments
WW1_Patch.zip
(2.84 MiB) Downloaded 651 times

dooya

Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:14 pm

Luca, will the Gold version include the German translation?
No quote - No bullshit!

calvinus

Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:19 pm

dooya wrote:Luca, will the Gold version include the German translation?

I do not know... I recall Philippe has some deal ongoing with a German editor... :wacko:

Franciscus

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:17 pm

Thanks Calvinus. Maybe sometime in the future I will find some free time to play WW1. :D

BTW, what are the plans for the gold edition:
- new features ?
- price (for existing owners of WW1, specially ?) ;)

TheDeadeye
Colonel

Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:15 am

Luca, is the RP fix included that made nations go beyond their limit as stated in the manual?

I believe the limit was 30 RPs? I still think it ought to be a bit less starting in 1915+ as less and less men were probably available to be thrown into the fray and the enthusiasm waned after the dispelled illusion of a quick war's end in 1914.

I'm basing myself on doug's observations here but I did notice that sometimes the RP's (especially for Germany) could get very high.

calvinus

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:35 am

Franciscus wrote:...- new features ?

Battle logs, stacks management window, north-south oriented map.

Franciscus wrote:- price (for existing owners of WW1, specially ?) ;)

No idea. Philippe can answer...

calvinus

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:38 am

TheDeadeye wrote:Luca, is the RP fix included that made nations go beyond their limit as stated in the manual?

I believe the limit was 30 RPs? I still think it ought to be a bit less starting in 1915+ as less and less men were probably available to be thrown into the fray and the enthusiasm waned after the dispelled illusion of a quick war's end in 1914.

I'm basing myself on doug's observations here but I did notice that sometimes the RP's (especially for Germany) could get very high.

There's no fix, because there was no bug.

I repeat: if you play in WEGO mode, the Reinforcements phase is mixed inside the Military phase. The consequence is that the max RP stock limits are applied at the end of movements and battles. If you play instead in strictly-turn-based mode, the Reinforcements phase is alone, and the max RP stock limits are applied at the end of this phase, before movements & battles.

Clear now? :)

MrT
Colonel

Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:39 am

calvinus wrote:No idea. Philippe can answer...

nice pass :hat: .

Buts its quite a relevent question, was considering buying this game now most of the bugs seem to have been removed, but maybe i just wait for the gold edition.

PhilThib

Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:03 am

The gold edition shall replace the traditional version when we have it, but it shall take quite some time and, honestly, I don't see it on the market before next Xmas at the earliest.

What I am planning to propose is a special upgrade kit for those who have the latest classical version (it would be a rather big download because of the map rework).

No idea of price for kit, but that won't be much. :cool:

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:06 pm

Thank you for the upcoming North-South orientation, it will definately make the game "look" better. :thumbsup:

MrT
Colonel

Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:38 pm

I was playing the demo... and too me the map looks n/s .. what am i missing out here can someone explain? please.

edit: as i understand north south orientation, south is the bottom north is the top of the screen? or?

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:42 pm

The map is currently orientated with North pointing to the upper left corner of your monitor versus the top of the monitor. The whole map needs to be rotated about 45 degrees clockwise for it to read North (top) and South (bottom).

MrT
Colonel

Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:45 pm

:blink: never noticed..... doh. Thanks for the answer Red.

calvinus

Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:18 pm

Well, I have good news... for me! :D
My vacations start right now! :w00t:
I'll be back in September. :siffle:

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:16 am

Luca: "Gold Edition?" Is that like Thansgiving in America where we have turkey for T/G dinner? Turkey Your vacation? Is that bad news? T

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:53 am

Since Matrix is always behind you when posting your new patches, I have been using your updated patches versus theirs, until now. The current 1.06I patch will not recoginize my Matrix serial number and refuses to load into my game.

Can you tell me why ???

calvinus

Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:19 am

Panama Red wrote:Since Matrix is always behind you when posting your new patches, I have been using your updated patches versus theirs, until now. The current 1.06I patch will not recoginize my Matrix serial number and refuses to load into my game.

Can you tell me why ???

Very strange.

I can tell you that:
1) this mini beta-patch 1.06I requires the 1.06H installed;
2) this mini beta-patch 1.06I does not include the WW1.ini file.

So open the WW1.ini and Serial.ini files (game dir) and check if they contain the serial key. If not, this is the reason why you get the serial key check error.

Be sure also that you unzipped and copied the patched files inside the proper folder.

calvinus

Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:21 am

Some news...

I'm now struggling with a Map Rotation tool, because our goal -you know!- is to have a north-south oriented map.

I also managed to introduce two new improvements for the new beta-patches:

- Once ready for rebuild, the destroyed units are now available in full-force status
- Recruitments window: it's now possible to upgrade the fire-power of all corps, so included also the units deployed on the map

Tamas

Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:09 pm

I seriously don't get people's fixation with the map angle! I understand you want that rotation thingie for the gold edition but I would not sweat on it much :P It should have the lowest priority possible

Panama Red
Lieutenant

Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:06 pm

Calvinus:
I see what the problem is, instead of unzipping the WW1.exe in the 1.0.6I patch, I attempted to execute the file from the zip like a regular patch. Once I just unzipped it into the World War One folder overwritting the old WW1.exe (1.0.6H), all is well now.

Thank you and am looking forward to a regular "North-South" map

dougbush93
Captain

Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:33 pm

Tamas wrote:I seriously don't get people's fixation with the map angle! I understand you want that rotation thingie for the gold edition but I would not sweat on it much :P It should have the lowest priority possible

I couldn't agree more. Map is fine the way it is. Upgrading combat features and AI are far higher priorities.

Doug

Franciscus

Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Well, but I disagree ;) . There is no reasonable explanation for WW1 being the only strategy game known to man without a proper north-south orientation. I am sure this irked many players, as was notorious here and in the Matrix forum. Better late then never to finally correct this silly design decision. I am only afraid it might be too late... :(

PhilThib

Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:43 am

+1 :thumbsup:

Gray_Lensman

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:13 am

deleted

dougbush93
Captain

Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:53 pm

Franciscus wrote:Well, but I disagree ;) . There is no reasonable explanation for WW1 being the only strategy game known to man without a proper north-south orientation. I am sure this irked many players, as was notorious here and in the Matrix forum. Better late then never to finally correct this silly design decision. I am only afraid it might be too late... :(

The original LGG did not have a pure north-south orientation either, so that influences my view. That being said, changing the map is fine, but I'd hate to see it add months to the release of the Gold Edition. That's the point I was making.

Doug

Flop
Major

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:02 pm

dougbush93 wrote:The original LGG did not have a pure north-south orientation either, so that influences my view. That being said, changing the map is fine, but I'd hate to see it add months to the release of the Gold Edition. That's the point I was making.

Doug

I agree. For me, the map angle was weird at first, but after a few hours you get used to it. Frankly, at this point, it's such a non-issue for me, that I'm a little sad if it takes time away from the feature I really want: combat reports.

Of course, others may feel otherwise, and I'm sure new players will appreciate it, so if Ageod thinks it's the way to go, I can accept that.

LarryP
Sergeant

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:28 am

Tamas wrote:I seriously don't get people's fixation with the map angle! I understand you want that rotation thingie for the gold edition but I would not sweat on it much :P It should have the lowest priority possible

I've gotten used to it, but it sure would be nice to have it tweaked.

calvinus

Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:24 am

Ok, the map rotation tool is done, and Philippe now started working on the new map.

So I can go back working on the damned bug in naval paths generation! :wacko:

gpepper

Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:54 am

Hi guys !

I am working on the new map with Philippe and I think that even if most of you don't really need this improvement, this new map will be a better place to play IMO !
[CENTER]. : G P E P P E R : .
[url]http://www.gillespfeiffer.com[/URL]
[url]http://www.frenchschoolofcg.com[/URL][/align]

Franciscus

Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:25 pm

gpepper wrote:Hi guys !

I am working on the new map with Philippe and I think that even if most of you don't really need this improvement, this new map will be a better place to play IMO !

Great news :thumbsup: !

And I, on the contrary, also firmly believe the new map will be an essential addition to the game :coeurs:

Return to “Help improve WW1!”