Which is you preference for future AGEod games?

Antiquity Greek: Peloponnesian, Alexander the Great.
9%
Antiquity Roman: Punic, Cesar, Civil wars.
13%
Middle ages. Renaissance
9%
30 Years war
12%
NCP with Grand Campaign and production
13%
ACW, just in case it can be improved even more ;)
7%
WW1 with AGE engine
6%
WW2 East
3%
WW2 West
2%
WW2 Mediterranean and Africa
2%
WW2 Pacific
2%
WW2 Global
7%
Vietnam
5%
Fantasy: orcs, elves,...
2%
SF, space.
3%
Other, specify
3%
WW2, Europe only
2%

Total votes: 949
Generalisimo

Mon May 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Franciscus wrote:But then, why not do a WW2-based FPS to get (lots) of bucks instead ? ;) :D .

Because they have to make a new engine for that... :siffle: :D
On the other hand, to make a strategic WW2 game, they just need to "update" the current AGE engine to the new features needed (yeah, this way, I made it sound like it was "easy" to do it :blink: :D ).

Franciscus wrote:Either way, I do not think I will be inclined to buy any WW2 AGEOD game (and if I do it will be mainly to support them...:love :)

:thumbsup: :D
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Adlertag

Tue May 19, 2009 5:51 pm

Generalisimo wrote:(yeah, this way, I made it sound like it was "easy" to do it :blink: :D ).

Yes, let us be optimistic. ;) (currently thinking of leaders and rulers in VGN...)
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

Carnium

Mon May 25, 2009 8:17 am

I voted for NPC2 and WW2 Grand campaign, Vietnam war + a few others :D
Why ?
- NPC 2 with VGN engine will be a blast, no question about that
- WW2 Grand campaign is something that no other company has done the way I would like to see it. Hearts of Iron 2 is good, but it gets boring too quickly and the "feel" is not right
- Vietnam war is not my primary objective of interest but it would be great to see it done properly with AGE engine. That means with a political and military model where both sides would have to deal with domestic and foreign opinion and where civilians (and dealing with them) would play a vital role.

Basically I would be interested in anything that is historical as fantasy genre is none of my interest and I would 100% not buy it. But that is just me :D

RELee
Lieutenant

Mon May 25, 2009 4:48 pm

Punic Wars. I would love to see a well-done game on this subject.

WW2 in Europe. A detailed, turn-based game with lots of options on this subject would be lovely. The HOI series drives me nuts, to paraphrase Gen. McAuliffe. ;)

I wouldn't mind a world-wide WW2 turn-based game for that matter, so long as it did not get so big as to be totally unwieldy. However, I think I would prefer the Europe-only version better.

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Games!!

Mon May 25, 2009 4:52 pm

While all the games listed games have a attraction for me, I would prefer a WWI engine that uses AGEOD engine and allows for single-player to play the campaign game. I my humble opinion, WW! has NOT been done properly, i.e. is a mess (expensive mess)!! :( t

I suggest a WWI game with AGEOD engine might sell better than the mess I have already bought. I would like something where a single player could play the campaign. :( t

Padreigh
Private
Location: Leinster; Grand Duchy of Berg; Kingdom of Westphalia (moving around a lot...)

Mon May 25, 2009 4:58 pm

30 Years War (including the English Civil war, of course) and Renaissance.

Not another WWII game for me. There are already too many out there ...

Carnium

Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:04 am

A year ago there were some rumors about possible AGEOD Us-Mexican war game which would nicely fill the time gap between WiA and AACW.
Are there any plans for this (forgotten) conflict ?

Lasse
Sergeant

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:52 am

voted for an ancient greece game before i realised that I could have votet for more than one game :( an ancient rome game would also be very cool. peloponisian war would rock :neener:

Rafiki

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:53 pm

Carnium wrote:A year ago there were some rumors about possible AGEOD Us-Mexican war game which would nicely fill the time gap between WiA and AACW.
Are there any plans for this (forgotten) conflict ?

Huh? :blink:
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Mario Pajas
Civilian

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:39 am

umm... I want to see a Pax Romana 2.

Dixicrat
General

The "Manifest Destiny" expansion pack to AACW

Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:52 pm

Carnium wrote:A year ago there were some rumors about possible AGEOD Us-Mexican war game[...]

I like this idea, particularly because it could be a tie-in with AACW. With a map depicting the Western US and Mexico, not only could it be used for a Mexican War game, but also for Indian wars. Wouldn't it be cool to have a "mega" grand campaign, where you could send your veteran Union Cav and Horse Artillery (from the civil war) out west, to battle the crafty Sioux and Apaches?

I propose the name "Manifest Destiny", for this new 1840-1890 game. It could be an "add on" to AACW, much like Sid Myer's "Colonization" was an add on to Civ IV.

Yes, yes... I know that the same can be done with VGN. But I don't think that VGN will have quite the same "period feel" as AACW, and that's one of the things that I like the most about my favorite wargame. ;)

FREDREX
Corporal

Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:46 pm

A punic wars game whit the amilcar conquest of iberia and macedonian and ilirian and the three Punic wars , awesome.

A game of the 30 years wars is a good idea...

bottomofthekeg
Civilian

Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:30 pm

Ageod Korean War! There are too many Rome/WW2 games out there. Lets have something different
----------------------------------------------------
"Going to War without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage" -Jed Babbin (attrb.)

Laudon
Conscript

Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:28 pm

My vote goes to NCP with full campaign. I'm not aware of any napoleonic strategy game, except the new Crown of glory:EE from Matrix...which seems to be very interesting btw. We have a lack of competition here. :)

There are other attractive suggestions in the poll, such as 30 years war. Generally I don't want to see more WW2 and modern era games.

phantomfeather
Corporal

Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:21 am

I voted for other. Would really love to see one on the American Revolution. :thumbsup:

arsan

Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:44 am

phantomfeather wrote:I voted for other. Would really love to see one on the American Revolution. :thumbsup:

Another one besides the already published AGEOD's Birth of America and Wars in America?? :confused: :bonk:

Franciscus

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:22 am

Due to some strange reasons, I have recently rekindled my interest in the North African Campaign of WW2 and came to notice the apparent lack of any good strategy/operational game on the subject (and, please, do correct mme if I am wrong).
In my youth I played dozens of hours of the game "Desert Rats" on the ZX Spectrum - great, great game, specially the full large campaign that I played countless times hotseat with a neighbor :coeurs: :wacko: .
Maybe a similarly themed game by AGEOD would buy me over to WW2...

FREDREX
Corporal

Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:41 pm

WW2 whit ageod stile, was one of the beter estrategic games (whit a lot of events and production)

30 year wars awesome idea, the tercios of flandes :coeurs:

Punic wars

And... why not the clone wars :thumbsup: :thumbsup:, jajajaja, yes imagine all the galaxy whit the hand-painting of AGEOD, please imagine that XD

cmurphy625
Private

Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Poor WW2.. it got broken up into different categories. you combine them all, and it's one of the top vote getters! :thumbsup:

arsan

Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:04 pm

cmurphy625 wrote:Poor WW2.. it got broken up into different categories. you combine them all, and it's one of the top vote getters! :thumbsup:

Yes but... as you can vote to multiple options as WW2 voter can vote to all 5 WW2 options and get counted as 5 votes.
Not fair for us pre XX century wars lovers ;)
Punic wars and Nappy wars rule! face it!! :neener: :D

Rafiki

Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:08 pm

cmurphy625 wrote:Poor WW2.. it got broken up into different categories. you combine them all, and it's one of the top vote getters! :thumbsup:

I refer you to post #46 (to confirm the point arsan is making) ;)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Mortar
Sergeant

Poll...

Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:20 am

I believe a Roman civil war period game would be very entertaining. There could be an interesting gathering of generals including Marc Antony, Marcus Agrippa, Vercingetorix, Pompey and of course Ceaser. It could also make for some interesting political options too. The same manipulations of forces could be applied forming legions, cohorts, maniples, centuries, etc. with the varying infantry, cavalry, and missle/artillery units available in the time. Done with a shine on historical accuracy and it could be a great game. Are there other Roman era games in existence?.....yes......but, I think a better one could be made still, and I'd play it ;)

Vegetius
General

Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:01 am

Franciscus wrote:Due to some strange reasons, I have recently rekindled my interest in the North African Campaign of WW2 and came to notice the apparent lack of any good strategy/operational game on the subject (and, please, do correct mme if I am wrong).
Maybe a similarly themed game by AGEOD would buy me over to WW2...

I agree :) , Matrix planned to do it some years ago after WitP but stopped the project end of 2007, due to a lack of interest from North-American buyers (that is what they said in the forum).

Really a pity, Uncommon Valor and WitP are great games too, and i expected the same for a North-Africa campaign.

But i am confident, Ageod would certainly make a great game on this period :D !
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

alexander seil

Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:11 pm

I voted for everything that was historical and was before 1918.

Anyway, AGEOD doing a WW2 game is an exceptionally bad idea. The previews coming so far seem to indicate that being relentlessly compared to the upcoming grand strategic/operational monstrosity won't do a newcomer any favors, unless AGEOD pulls off a miracle. Paradox has a lot of experience with WW2 by now. I'll be honestly surprised if AGEOD outdoes Victoria on the first try, let alone HoI3.

I also don't think that AGEOD would be able to target a different population segment, either. There's too much overlap in forum membership for me to believe that.

By the way, re: the preceding post, I think the reason Matrix dropped a Mediterranean version of WitP had as much to do with the inadequacy of WitP's land combat in modeling, well, land combat. Plus the naval campaign in the Med was boringly one-sided, while the diplomatic situation (especially with respect to Vichy France) would require a total rewrite of WitP's clunky and inflexible codebase. It's surprising how many seemingly trivial features AE developers had to drop because WitP's code is apparently similar in structure to the malarial jungles it models.

arsan

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:49 am

alexander seil wrote:Anyway, AGEOD doing a WW2 game is an exceptionally bad idea. The previews coming so far seem to indicate that being relentlessly compared to the upcoming grand strategic/operational monstrosity won't do a newcomer any favors, unless AGEOD pulls off a miracle. Paradox has a lot of experience with WW2 by now. I'll be honestly surprised if AGEOD outdoes Victoria on the first try, let alone HoI3.

Are you talking about HOI3.... or Cthulhu?? :cthulhu: :D

Mickey3D

Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:06 pm

Padreigh wrote:30 Years War (including the English Civil war, of course) and Renaissance.

+1 :thumbsup:

Two periods that are not very often seen in games.

Padreigh wrote:Not another WWII game for me. There are already too many out there ...

+1

Vegetius
General

Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:34 am

Peloponesian War ! Peloponesian War !

A very interesting period wich has not been often treated of, especially in the way Ageod make it :D .
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Prussian Prince
Captain

Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:19 pm

Voted for a full Nappy Campaign with all the bells and whistles :coeurs: I think AGEod would do a great WWII but HOI3 looks and feels great, as a beta I can say it rocks. Wish I could say more.
Player of many Ageod Games : AACW, ROP, BOA2 and PON!

Beta Tester for EU2 and HOI3:thumbsup:

Matin
Private

Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:26 pm

30 years war would be awesome!
as far a I know there is no computer game out dealing with this war, so be the first!
This war would fit perfectly to this company, as supply was the key to win battles, and this topic is greatly handeled by Ageod.
There were also great leaders, like Wallenstein and Gustav Adolf..
for those who are interested, you should read "Wallenstein" from Golo Mann..

there are so many games about world war 2, we don't need another game for this period..

PANGI

Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:20 pm

oh...30 years war - ive almost forget to remember this period when talking about computer games (dont remember a game which cover this...) and from time to time i'm very keen for this period. id like to see this ages on my monitor - think ageod's game concept perfetly fit for these times

EDIT: You read my mind Matin (i should read posts first then typing :D )

Return to “General discussions”