Which is you preference for future AGEod games?

Antiquity Greek: Peloponnesian, Alexander the Great.
9%
Antiquity Roman: Punic, Cesar, Civil wars.
13%
Middle ages. Renaissance
9%
30 Years war
12%
NCP with Grand Campaign and production
13%
ACW, just in case it can be improved even more ;)
7%
WW1 with AGE engine
6%
WW2 East
3%
WW2 West
2%
WW2 Mediterranean and Africa
2%
WW2 Pacific
2%
WW2 Global
7%
Vietnam
5%
Fantasy: orcs, elves,...
2%
SF, space.
3%
Other, specify
3%
WW2, Europe only
2%

Total votes: 949
Generalisimo

Thu May 14, 2009 12:39 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:Yeah, but that particular necessary feature is quite obviously needed for an AACW 2 when/if...

Sure... a feature also needed for VGN... ;)
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

arsan

Thu May 14, 2009 7:15 am

Aphrodite Mae wrote:What Gray said.

Plus, Grumpycrat has become interested in something obscure, lately, that he says was really historically important. The Crimean War, is that right...? He said it was kinda the "practice run" for the AACW, 'cause they used railroads and had industrialization and all that stuff. He also said that he doubted there would ever be a game on it, 'cause it's too obscure.

There was a whole lot more that he said about it, but I don't know what it was because I was ignoring him, just like I always do when he starts getting really boring and long-winded and making me sleepy.

:D
AM, tell Bill that the Crimean war should be included in VGN! :thumbsup:
And the Boers war, and the Franco-Prussian war, and of course the ACW and the WW1 and a ton of other conflicts. :coeurs:
Of course the game is on a global scale and more strategical than operational.
Cheers

Anguille

Thu May 14, 2009 7:17 am

I voted:

Antiquity (both) as i just love that period.

SF. A Grand Space strategy game would be nice.

I expect to see WWI in Vainglory of Nations.

Other periods/times would also be interesting...China and India have both very long history (not the 3 Kingdoms period as it's been well covered) also America (Mayas, Azteques, Incas) before the invasion by the spaniards.

Cheers

Ebbingford

Thu May 14, 2009 8:08 am

I only voted for three. :thumbsup:
NCP2 and 30 years war and then "other".
(I only voted for 30 years war because I like long campaigns :D )
What about the English Civil war, wasn't there some discussion on this quite a while ago?

arsan

Thu May 14, 2009 8:18 am

Ebbingford wrote:(I only voted for 30 years war because I like long campaigns :D )

How about the Hundred years war, then?? :D ...with weekly turns of course! ;)

Ebbingford

Thu May 14, 2009 8:34 am

arsan wrote:How about the Hundred years war, then?? :D ...with weekly turns of course! ;)

Bring it on. Work, wife, friends, sleep can all wait :wacko:

Bruit Bleu

Thu May 14, 2009 11:10 am

I voted for "Renaissance" (but not for "Medieval" : I like artilleries and arquebuses) and "30 years war" as there is no "Religion Wars" item, "XVIIth century Wars" or a vaster "Modern Era" option.

But a detailed WW2 choice... This poll is biased ! ;)
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

Adlertag

Thu May 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:AACW 2 will require a complete overhaul to make it a worthy successor to AACW 1, this would include a new map without the RRs drawn directly on the map, to allow for RR building in-game, a process that will undoubtedly take quite a bit more time.

Agree, a feature I already discussed with Pocus at the beginning of AACW story (second option was a specific filter with RR). But things have gone on another path...

Now, a WW2 game would be Ageod's "chef d'oeuvre". ;)
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

Nikel

Thu May 14, 2009 6:34 pm

Bruit Bleu wrote:I voted for "Renaissance" (but not for "Medieval" : I like artilleries and arquebuses) and "30 years war" as there is no "Religion Wars" item, "XVIIth century Wars" or a vaster "Modern Era" option.

But a detailed WW2 choice... This poll is biased ! ;)

Yes, it would have been better to have splitted:

Middle ages, like 100 years war or second or third crusade, and

Renaissance-XVI century, italian wars, and the rise and fall of the spanish empire, or a VGN-like game regarding the explorations time

But it is too late now :wacko:

It is interesting that there is no much interest in the WW2

Franciscus

Thu May 14, 2009 7:08 pm

Nice pool. I voted for NCP grand campaign, AAcw 2 (just can not get enough acw....), fantasy (I am a big Tolkien fan. I also think that a fantasy setting ageod game would be very successful). Finally, middle ages and Rome, but specifically the fall of Rome and Byzantium themes - maybe GI 2 ??...)

dooya

Thu May 14, 2009 7:15 pm

Nikel wrote:[...]
It is interesting that there is no much interest in the WW2
You just have to sum up all the WW2 options in the poll:

Code: Select all

WW2 East              4     
WW2 West          3    
WW2 Mediterranean and Africa   6    
WW2 Pacific          5    
WW2 Global          11   
WW2, Europe only           2     
------------------------------------
That makes WW2 the top preference... :niark:
No quote - No bullshit!

Aphrodite Mae

I'd like to see a WWII game, too! But...

Thu May 14, 2009 7:34 pm

There's maybe something that should be considered with a WWII genre game: the market has been saturated in recent years, at least with RTS and FPS games.

My husband reads CPU magazine, and in turn I read the game reviews. Over and over, I've seen their editors (whose opinions I've learned to respect) say stuff about the market being saturated, and saying other stuff about how people are "growing tired" of a genre that has become "long in the tooth".

Don't get me wrong: I personally would love to see a new AGEod game about WWII! But I can't help but wonder: would it sell?

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu May 14, 2009 7:46 pm

+1 For once I agree with Gray. :p apy:

Adlertag

Thu May 14, 2009 7:51 pm

Aphrodite Mae wrote:Don't get me wrong: I personally would love to see a new AGEod game about WWII! But I can't help but wonder: would it sell?

We can be confident, especially if the game is released on June 6th, 2014 for example.
La mort est un mur, mourir est une brèche.

DarthMath
Colonel

Thu May 14, 2009 7:55 pm

Adlertag wrote:We can be confident, especially if the game is released on June 6th, 2014 for example.

:mdr:
Sure, but if it's a game about the second and third Battles of Kharkov ... :bonk:
;)
"You know, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun, and those who dig in. You dig in ..." :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cptcav
Lieutenant

Thu May 14, 2009 8:29 pm

dooya wrote:You just have to sum up all the WW2 options in the poll:

Code: Select all

WW2 East              4     
WW2 West          3    
WW2 Mediterranean and Africa   6    
WW2 Pacific          5    
WW2 Global          11   
WW2, Europe only           2     
------------------------------------
That makes WW2 the top preference... :niark:

You are a sly one. ;) Actually, I would count it as 11 as I would put say that the guys that voted for the Global conflict also voted for the individual theaters. :fleb:

CptCav

Rafiki

Thu May 14, 2009 10:25 pm

A total of 19 forumites have voted for one or more WW2 options; the most WW2-friendly forumite voted for 5 of the 6 options (number 6 might be missing due to him potentially having voted before the 6th option, "WW2, Europe only", was added ;) ).
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

DarthMath
Colonel

Thu May 14, 2009 10:29 pm

Rafiki wrote:A total of 19 forumites have voted for one or more WW2 options; the most WW2-friendly forumite voted for 5 of the 6 options (number 6 might be missing due to him potentially having voted before the 6th option, "WW2, Europe only", was added ;) ).

That's right, Rafiki. I was thinking that WW2 West and WW2 Europe were the same thing at the time. :)
I didn't notice the details ... ;)
"You know, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun, and those who dig in. You dig in ..." :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Fri May 15, 2009 1:47 am

I managed to narrow down my choice to Medieval\Renaissance

I remember playing Lords of the Realm growing up. Awesome game.
Knights of Honor had pretty decent gameplay. Only problem was it was real-time and no MP. I would LOVE to see an AGEOD game on this period if it is a possibiility!
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."
-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

Anguille

Fri May 15, 2009 7:44 am

Frankly, while i do prefer Turn-based games, i don't see the point of having another WW2 game. Hearts of Iron 3 is around the corner, Commander: Europe at War is good enough for the European theater and there are some good Turn-based Wargames for the Pacific theater...

I prefer some untouched scenarios or scenarios that haven't been touched for some time.

Just my 2 cents... :cool:

dooya

Fri May 15, 2009 7:51 am

From my point of view there are two reasons to do a WW2 game based on the AGE engine:

(1) To my knowledge, there is no global WW2 grand campaign with simultaneous turn resolution available yet. Therefore AGEOD could bring something new to the field.

(2) No matter how saturated the marked already is, the WW2 brand sells a lot because it is so popular. Given that AGEOD manages to publish a game that sells decently, the decrease in economic pressure (and the increase in publicity) might allow them to publish more games covering topics for smaller audiences, namely many of the suggestions listed in the poll.
No quote - No bullshit!

soundoff
AGEod Veteran

Fri May 15, 2009 8:04 am

dooya wrote:From my point of view there are two reasons to do a WW2 game based on the AGE engine:

(1) To my knowledge, there is no global WW2 grand campaign with simultaneous turn resolution available yet. Therefore AGEOD could bring something new to the field.

(2) No matter how saturated the marked already is, the WW2 brand sells a lot because it is so popular. Given that AGEOD manages to publish a game that sells decently, the decrease in economic pressure (and the increase in publicity) might allow them to publish more games covering topics for smaller audiences, namely many of the suggestions listed in the poll.

+1

Anguille

Fri May 15, 2009 8:08 am

dooya wrote:(2) No matter how saturated the marked already is, the WW2 brand sells a lot because it is so popular. Given that AGEOD manages to publish a game that sells decently, the decrease in economic pressure (and the increase in publicity) might allow them to publish more games covering topics for smaller audiences, namely many of the suggestions listed in the poll.

This is of course a very good argument ;)

PascalB
Lieutenant

Fri May 15, 2009 8:36 am

I voted for a NCP great campaign with production and for a WWII full campaign with Ageod engine.

U cant find any Napoleonic or WWII game covering the entire conflict (1800-1815 : 1936-1945) with a so interesting engine like Ageod one. When I see the graphics from VoN or RoP, I'm strongly strengthened in my idea that Ageod can produce a wonderfull wargame.

WWI is the right example. It's a true success, and the engine, like the boardgame system, is really innovative.

I hope my wishes'll be satisfied... :love:

count taaffe
Sergeant

Fri May 15, 2009 9:10 am

Having just voted for "others" and here is my specification: a 100 years war - War of the Roses - game would be highly appreciated :coeurs:

Big Ideas
Captain

Fri May 15, 2009 10:38 am

I voted for NC 2.
I originally came to Ageod for the NC game but when I found that there wasn't a grand campaign I bought ACW instead. I have only played scenario #3 (that's why I haven't nominated for any of the tournaments). (Not that my presence would make much difference).

ham
Private

Sat May 16, 2009 11:57 am

If someone is allowed to wish so much, I wish that most in the list would be released over ten years.

Additionally "Age of Discovery" , "Empire of Mongolia" and
"Russian Civil War" :neener:

Generalisimo

Sat May 16, 2009 9:58 pm

dooya wrote:From my point of view there are two reasons to do a WW2 game based on the AGE engine:

+1!
Completelly Agree!!
:thumbsup:
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

Tecnócrata
Conscript

Sun May 17, 2009 10:53 am

There are loads of WW2 games out there. No more, please.

What I really want is a CK done right and well.
[SIZE="3"][font="Book Antiqua"]I told you that we'll meet again here. The Place Where There Is No Darkness.[/font][/size]

Franciscus

Mon May 18, 2009 12:39 pm

dooya wrote:(2) No matter how saturated the marked already is, the WW2 brand sells a lot because it is so popular. Given that AGEOD manages to publish a game that sells decently, the decrease in economic pressure (and the increase in publicity) might allow them to publish more games covering topics for smaller audiences, namely many of the suggestions listed in the poll.

In theory (and probably in practice too), you are right. I also wish a long and productive life to AGEOD. But then, why not do a WW2-based FPS to get (lots) of bucks instead ? ;) :D . Either way, I do not think I will be inclined to buy any WW2 AGEOD game (and if I do it will be mainly to support them...:love :)

Return to “General discussions”