calvinus

Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:33 pm

Strat_84 wrote:- Sometimes wrong results in naval battles : I saw a B battleship squad 6-6-3 supported by a light cruiser squad fighting a cruiser 2-1-4, and the battle ended after the 1rst round telling 1 ship had been sunk and the B had lost the battle ... :tournepas

Finally fixed! Next patch. :love:

calvinus

Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Nial wrote:Naval battle results do need to be looked at. I had a major battle playing GB.
I had the advantage in every category at the end of the battle. Wounded ships/ destroyed groups/ ships sunk/ and admirals. The German fleet disengaged/ fled the battle, and still I/ GB lost. I would not have posted if I had lost even one category or if my fleet had been the one to flee. In all honesty this has only happened once that I am aware of. But it does suggest that there is a glitch somewhere in naval winner determination.

Nial

Fixed.

calvinus

Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:55 pm

Strat_84 wrote:- there's a problem with technology discovery. Some technologies supposed to be discovered "late" are discovered much sooner by the AI (everytime I encountered this, it was Strosstruppen researched in 1915 instead of 1917), but there is also more amazing: I discovered Siege artillery as French player in August 1914 and I can construct siege artillery BUT I never started that research and this is not checked as discovered technology in the research screen. :thumbsup:

Not a bug, but an original boardgame design decision:
1) Siege technology is available at start in 1914 for Central Powers
2) Stosstruppen technology can be researched by Central Powers from 1915 onwards, while for the Entente this research is released only in 1917... :neener:

calvinus

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:02 pm

Strat_84 wrote:- A problem with message display or rules about USA on war: it is said there are penalities for Germany / Austria and bonuses for UK / France / Russia / Italy BUT in my game Italy is part of the Axis ... :wacko:

This one should be fixed too, provided you are referring to the "US Corps landing NW bonus" rule. ;)

Next patch. :love:

calvinus

Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:38 pm

Strat_84 wrote:- Phantom battles still occuring and quite annoying (made me loose an heavily fortified region and completly broke my lignes). A tip : it may come from armies moving during the turn. When it happened my army was in the Ardennes and on the move to Liege + interception succeeded. And the same turn a German army came to Liege and the phantom battle occured.
I also had such a phantom battle in Turkey when I attacked a town and the very same turn the Turkish army defending that town attacked my former position.

Finally eradicated! :thumbsup:

Next patch. :love:

Strat_84
Private

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:09 am

Good news ! :thumbsup:

calvinus

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:22 am

Now I'm concentrating my efforts on the AI improvements: no more holes in the Front line... ;)

Evren

Peace Negotiations

Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:21 am

Hi,

I'm about to finish my first campaign. It's 1918 and i'm playing the Entente. I haven't been able to send a peace proposal to Austria-Hungary.

The manual says you have to control at least one Austro-Hungarian city to propose peace, and i've been in control of many cities starting in 1914, but during the winter interphase, send a peace proposal option is always grayed out. I know there are modifiers for the check, but i think i should be able to send a peace proposal. In the game, the Central Powers were able to offer peace to Russia (and it failed).

Edit: Sorry for posting it on the wrong thread. I'm using 1.06B.

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:50 pm

Nial: Isn't this what really happened at Jutland? t

Return to “Help improve WW1!”