CavScout
Private

Campaign Map

Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:26 am

I like a map where I can plan my objectives and the like. Attached is a basic map with the appropriate objectives highlighted. Perhaps some may find it useful.
Attachments
civil war objectives.jpg
-CavScout
[CENTER]******[/CENTER]
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][CENTER]"If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking"
"My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom." [/CENTER][/size][/font]
[CENTER][SIZE="1"]William Tecumseh Sherman[/size][/CENTER]
[CENTER]******[/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:13 pm

That is pretty cool Cavscout. I may end up using that.
[color="DarkGreen"][SIZE="2"]“We may be annihilated, but we cannot be conquered.”

- General Albert Sidney Johnston[/size][/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[CENTER][color="DarkGreen"]AGEod's American Civil War Wiki - [/color][color="DarkGreen"]AACWWiki[/color][/CENTER]

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Planning Map!

Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:01 pm

Me too. T :p apy:

Hobbes

Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:25 pm

CavScout wrote:I like a map where I can plan my objectives and the like. Attached is a basic map with the appropriate objectives highlighted. Perhaps some may find it useful.

That's a great map Cav. Now we need non-objective strategic towns with their own blob and depots. Oh and different symbols for Union and CSA for people without colour printers - I know I'm pushing it :sourcil:

Cheers, Chris

CavScout
Private

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:41 am

:tournepas
-CavScout

[CENTER]******[/CENTER]

[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"][CENTER]"If the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war, and not popularity seeking"

"My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom." [/CENTER][/size][/font]

[CENTER][SIZE="1"]William Tecumseh Sherman[/size][/CENTER]

[CENTER]******[/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

JakeF
Civilian

Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:38 pm

Having a map handy is an excellent idea. Thanks!

Spharv2

Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:56 pm

If you want to go really fancy, do what I used to do with the copies of the War in Russia maps back when I was constantly playing that. Take this file up to Staples or someplace like that, get them to print it out in a nice big size, then laminate it. Buy some grease pencils and voila, you have a nice looking reusable campaign planning map. And when your big assault fails and you have to retreat all the way out of Tennessee, no problem to just erase that overly optimistic line you drew earlier. :) I still have a couple of copies of the WIR maps I made, 15 or so years old and still work fine.
Official Queen's Ambassador to the South
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Injun
Lieutenant

Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:09 pm

CavScout,
I have down load your map and find it use full for western theater and Tans Mississippi. What I real need is a good one of the eastern theater from West Virginia and Virginia to all loctions North of there.

spec10
Civilian

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:23 pm

Inspired by Spharv2 i just finished laminating the map CavScout provided (and a similar one of the eastern theater). Now the whiteboard marker war planning can begin. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

[ATTACH]13908[/ATTACH]

For those interested, I attached the eastern theater map.
Attachments
aacw_rdy.jpg
east_theater_1861-1865.jpg

Spharv2

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:14 pm

Glad I could inspire my particular brand of insanity in someone else. :mdr:
Official Queen's Ambassador to the South

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goeland
Major

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:22 am

Excellent ! Thank you !...

F.
L'Intelligence Artificielle n'est rien à côté de la Connerie Naturelle...

marecone

Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:39 pm

I have found on my computer best map ever for strategic planning. It is ove 5 MB in size and I can't upload it here because it is too big and I can't upload it in image schack as well. This is map from the game and you can open it in paint or similar programs and make your plans on it.
If anyone wants it you can send me a pm with your mail and I will send it to you. You will not be disapointed :thumbsup: .

Godspeed
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

Nikel

Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Hi marecone.

You can upload it to rapidshare, megaupload,filesonic,...

And post the link here ;)

marecone

Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:58 pm

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X3EYYBIC

It is a bit older and some towns are perhaps missing but I sure love this one for planing.

P.S. Thanks Nikel
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

Bernadotte
Lieutenant

Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:51 pm

marecone wrote:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X3EYYBIC

It is a bit older and some towns are perhaps missing but I sure love this one for planing.

P.S. Thanks Nikel
Thank you very much. :thumbsup:

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”