exar83
Private

Gaining abilities?

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:12 am

I'm admittedly not too familiar with what units can earn abilities. I read the thread about light infantry gaining the Sharpshooter ability.

Does anyone know of what all units can gain abilities through experience, or even which generals can gain or lose abilities when given promotions or commands? If there is a link to a thread with a list of these that would be great too but I couldn't find it. Thanks.

exar83
Private

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:40 pm

I'm paying more attention now since I'd like to compile a list. I'm currently in January 1863 as the USA. I can already tell that Skill points can vary wildly given many different factors so that's not even something that I believe is necessary to touch on for this. Basically I think we should only focus on compiling a list of leaders and Units and the abilities they can gain or lose and perhaps the events that cause this. I believe it would be very helpful in case you may want to create a specific use force just because the abilities are so powerful and can help you defeat a force twice your size if properly used. Also, it's not overly complicated for even beginners to understand how to use abilities.

Gatling
Corporal

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:00 am

Hi exar83,

I'm not sure this is exactely what you are searching for, but for generals abilities I'm used to search in the lists edited from bburns9 in this thread:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?16268-Updated-Generals-Lists-1-15-Legacy-Patch

The lists were updated after release of patch 1.15 but I think there are still valid at a great extend. I haven't seen any further update after patch 1.16 on the forum.

Cheers
Gatling

stormbringer3
Sergeant

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Gatling,
Thanks for the reply but this question is in response to a Pocus post a few days age. "By the way the engine supports abilities that are disabled initially and that, with experience, activate. So theoretically it could be feasible to give xp level 3+ light infantries the sharpshooter trait." So exar 83 was refering to this. I'm also curious if there are any other units that can unlock abilities such as the light infantry to which Pocus refers.

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”