BitterBierce
Conscript

New Player Question about Drafts...

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:43 pm

I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I've searched the forums for this, and couldn't find a satisfactory answer. Basically, early game as Union, how soon do you guys peruse your volunteer/conscription options, and how quickly do you peruse your financial options? Do you begin as soon as possible, or simply wait for these things to be necessary? Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:19 am

First off, welcome to the Ageod Forums, BitterBierce! :thumbsup:

Regarding to conscription options and since the number of recruits depends on your current NM, try to request recruits when your NM is more high. Likewise (and regarding to financial options), the higher is your NM, the more money you receive.

An example would be: You can order the total blockade in the turn 1 to gain 1 NM point, and in the next turn you can issue war bonds and raise taxes.

Check out this link. I think it will be very helpful for you.

Good luck with your game and have fun! :wavey:

PS: And as my fellow Jim would say :) ... the search button is your friend.
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Durk

Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:43 am

Early and often. Some players use house rules to slow down the draft, volunteers only during the first year. This may be more historical. I think it is.
The general idea, your opponent is recruiting and raising money from day one. Each turn you delay is a turn you fall behind.

BitterBierce
Conscript

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:07 am

Thanks guys! Your input is invaluable for such a vast, delightfully complex game! I can tell browsing these forums that there's a wealth of knowledge now at my disposal! You should all be commended for the work you've put into creating such an exhaustive reference for this great game!

As an aside, if I may, do you guys recruit units into the red (in terms of resources), or is it better practice to try and end each turn in the black?

Wraith
Sergeant

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:10 am

Always always always always end in the black, with something of a buffer... those are only projections not certainties.

Jim-NC

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:41 pm

Do it before they reset. The options all reset in either June or December. So if you don't use them, you will lose them, but they reset. So you just miss a chance to gain some advantage.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”