gchristie
Brigadier General

Foriegn intervention question

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:07 pm

Hello again,

Good to be back.

In a PBEM game I am playing as the CSA I've managed to reach +100 foreign intervention. Having never reached 100 before I'm not sure what to expect. Is intervention automatic once you reach 100? The manual would lead one to expect so, but when my host sent me the .trn file I did not see a report that the French and British had joined the fray. To be clear, I was near 100 in my last turn, and purchased the cotton embargo. When the host sent my .trn file and I loaded it up I got the message that the embargo moved the Europeans favorably towards the South, and the FI was now at 100.

We are playing 1.16 latest patch.

I read a post in the forum that foriegn intervention may take a "few" turns. Is this true, and if so how many turns is a few? I also read that the CSA can receive "secret subsidies" from the Europeans if FI is high. I've not seen any reports of such subsidies and FI has been high for several turns - over 70. Does one see a report somewhere about these subsidies? So far they remain a secret to me...

If somone could let me know how intervention works and what I should be seeing that would greatly facilitate my scheming.

Regards.
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Franciscus

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Last time I played the GC as CSA vs AI, was also the first time I managed FI :neener:

After reaching 100, and IIRC, you will have to wait one more turn for the event to fire and the english and french forces to unlock. Then, have fun !

rattler01
Captain

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:23 pm

The subsidies event I've seen a couple of times. It goes "blah blah" from Europe "blah blah" "merchant" +$5 and 1WS. I'm not sure if it changes much, but from what I remember the numbers are that low. It appears in the message log, and you will have to hover over it until the details pop up.
"To fallen comrades. And Winged Warriors; past, present, and future. One team, one fight. Winged Warriors."

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:42 pm

All i can say is that I have an AI game vs the Union and I got to 100 FI and then the UK & French units unlocked about two or three Turns later.

But I haven't played the CSA that much.
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]
-Daniel Webster

[color="#FFA07A"]"C'mon, boys, we got the damn Yankees on the run!"[/color]
-General Joseph Wheeler, US Army, serving at Santiago in 1898

RULES
(A) When in doubt, agree with Ace.
(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

Jim-NC

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:21 pm

IIRC, not all units unlock at the same time. I seem to remember about 3 turns for most of the units to unlock.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leibst

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:01 am

After looking the script i think i shoul fire right now.

And it seems some troops are going to appear in the Canada. So a new front for me GChristie!
Also some ships in the lakes and some heavy war ships in England and France.
I dont think my naval army is enough.

Leibst

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:14 am

After executing the turn....

USA is now at war again with Great Britain. And with France. :bonk:

gchristie
Brigadier General

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Leibstandarte wrote:After executing the turn....

USA is now at war again with Great Britain. And with France. :bonk:

So it looks like three turns are needed.

Thanks everyone.

I wonder, has anyone done an AAR where FI fired? I don't recall seeing one. Perhaps that should be rectified...
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Leibst

Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:11 pm

But i think that now in subsequent turns that UK/France troops will be released. And i suppose they appear in Canada or in Colonies.
I expect Mexico enters on my side next turn.

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Tue May 15, 2012 2:50 am

Check out the AAR from me and Granitestater. I got almost all my units on the first turn (everything but the French units in Paris - who could blame them? I wouldn't want to leave there either!)
Two Rules: 1. The Tournament Director is always right. 2. When the Tournament Director is wrong, see Rule 1.

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”