Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Those Crazy Depots

Tue May 03, 2011 8:51 pm

I'm trying to blow up a depot with a supplied infantry combat unit (not fixed, not militia), but I get the message "You can't destroy a Level 2 Depot." However, on the map, the depot is listed as "Level 1"... hmmm... what's up there?

Jim-NC

Wed May 04, 2011 5:48 pm

We will need a little more information. The best would be a save game to check out what is going on. Otherwise, screen shots, with descriptions may be able to help.

Something to think about, do you have a general in the stack? and if so, is he active? Do you control the depot? It takes 5 days to destroy, so are you pushed out before the 5 days are up?

As I said, the best way to find a solution is a saved game.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Fri May 06, 2011 6:01 pm

[quote="Jim-NC"]
Something to think about, do you have a general in the stack? and if so, is he active? Do you control the depot? It takes 5 days to destroy, so are you pushed out before the 5 days are up?QUOTE]

No longer have that game turn, or if I do, it's buried in a past turn of one of four games I'm currently playing so it'd be hard to find. Yes I controlled it and was inside the city. There was no attack by either side. However, I think the answer is "no active general" as I haven't been able to get any general who isn't active to agree to blow a depot under any circumstances.

Thanks!

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Fri May 27, 2011 12:05 am

Additional question: when destroying a depot, must the unit stay there the whole turn even though only 5 days is needed? I'm concerned that if I move even 10 days away, I won't stay there for 5 to blow it up first.

Any advice on how to blow 'em and move during same turn?

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 27, 2011 12:33 am

Hi Longshanks! :)

Indeed, you can blow up a depot and move in the same turn. As you said, you need 5 days to blow it up so you'll be there 5 days for that purpose and then you have 10 days to do the route you have also ordered. ;)
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Fri May 27, 2011 12:34 am

The unit does not have to stay there for the whole turn to blow up a depot. You can issue a move order along with the order to destroy the depot - the unit will move after 5 days, so any movement longer than 10 days won't be completed by the end of that turn.

EDIT: Ethan you have impeccable timing :neener:
EDIT #2: As for advice, if you want to move the bulk of your forces away faster, you can always detach a regiment or brigade to stay behind and destroy the depot - you only need one combat element. Ditto if you have an inactive leader - just detach Mr. Slowpoke from the stack and give the order to your troops. Just take care that the smaller force you leave behind doesn't get overwhelmed by the enemy reaction.
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Fri May 27, 2011 1:12 am

Cool. Thanks all!

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 27, 2011 12:03 pm

John Sedgwick wrote: Ethan you have impeccable timing :neener:

Thank you, my friend! :D ;)
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”