gchristie
Brigadier General

Question for CSA players

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Hello,

Does the CSA player see red messages announcing the Army in Manassas event and the two March on Richmond events similar to messages the Northern player sees?

I don't play CSA so I don't know if the messages appear or not, but my PBEM partner said he didn't know about the 1861 Manassas event. So I've sent him the release notes for the two 1862 Richmond events.

Regards.
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Gray_Lensman

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:05 pm

deleted

gchristie
Brigadier General

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:40 pm

Hmmmm. Doesn't seem quite sporting for a new CSA player to not know how they can go about reducing Union morale by up to 30 points. I just assumed he had seen the Army in Manassas event but chose not to contest Mansassas. That he didn't know what was at stake is a surprise to me.

I'm not advocating a change to the current game, even if that were possible with limited AGEOD resources and much higher priorities.

But in the interest of encouraging new players to keep playing it seems appropriate to clue them in to these events to level the playing field so they don't get unduly discouraged. Best handled through house rules I guess.

Thanks for the quick response, Gray.
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”