elxaime
General

War Supplies and Money

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:07 pm

Two quick questions.

1. War Supplies and Money - I played ACW way back before may of the patches and am returning to it now. I have always understood that war supplies do not accumulate from turn to turn - you have to use them that turn and any remaining unused stockpile disappears.

Is this correct? I seem to have read somewhere that unused war supplies turn into money at the end of the turn. What is the truth of it?

2. The Economy and Money - I understand all about the decisions you can make to raise money, e.g. selling bonds or printing money. Is there any other way to raise funds through industrialization? In other words, if I industrialize, aside from more supply, ammunition and war supplies, do I start making more money this way too?

Jim-NC

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:13 pm

elxaime wrote:Two quick questions.

1. War Supplies and Money - I played ACW way back before may of the patches and am returning to it now. I have always understood that war supplies do not accumulate from turn to turn - you have to use them that turn and any remaining unused stockpile disappears.

Is this correct? I seem to have read somewhere that unused war supplies turn into money at the end of the turn. What is the truth of it?

2. The Economy and Money - I understand all about the decisions you can make to raise money, e.g. selling bonds or printing money. Is there any other way to raise funds through industrialization? In other words, if I industrialize, aside from more supply, ammunition and war supplies, do I start making more money this way too?

1. You get to keep your War Supplies. They stockpile from turn to turn.
2. You get a certain amount of money from your ports per turn (and your blockade runners/ocean transports). You also get some from your political options. There is no other way. However, are you exploring all options for money (for example, you can sell 5%,6% or 8% bonds)? To change your option, right or left click on the text describing the options effects to change it.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

elxaime
General

Ah

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:47 pm

Ah, I had completely forgotten about that. I have been selling only 5 percent bonds and printing money, so inflation is up to 30 percent now (April 1862) - next go around I will explore that.

Thanks.

MrRaphy
Conscript

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:12 am

Some says that industrialization allows you to increase your money.
As your ship get you money and war supplies in relation to your existing inventories, the more you produce war supplies through industrialization, the more war supplies will stockpile and the more money will be proeminent in what your ships bring.

I have personnally observe that yes, Ship proceed is split between war supplies and money in relation to my current stock. Typically if i am low in war supplies and ,say, decent in money, my ships will bring me more war supplies than if it was the other way around. However it is definetely not a short term solution and consume quite a lot of investment before being effective.

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”