Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Coordinated Attacks

Wed May 25, 2011 4:27 pm

I had Lee's corps move from Clarke Co. VA into Faquier and Longstreets Corps move from Culpepper into Faquier to attack Hamilton. Both were slated to arrive in 8 days. I pressed the Sync Move (double-arrow) button on both corps. Both corps are in the same army and both are within range of the Army HQ.

Lee showed up for the fight, but Longstreet never did. They were both retreated after the fight into Clarke Co.

Lee's force was the smaller, so I think what happened is he got in a fight, withdrew, and then Longstreet just withdrew with him, without ever firing a shot.

Anything I did wrong here?

Ol' Choctaw

Wed May 25, 2011 4:59 pm

No. I don't think you did anything wrong. That stuff just happens sometimes. The coordinated attack works when corps of the same army and the army HQ start in the same area. With the double arrows you have the MSTG activated but they still need to arrive the same day. The weather sometimes changes or other things will delay a force. You just did your best and it didn't work out.

I hope your losses were light and you can try again next turn.

Mickey3D

Wed May 25, 2011 5:58 pm

Coordinated move is restricted by this rule :
Corps (or army HQ) of the same army have to start in the same area.

Mickey3D

Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm

Ol' Choctaw wrote:With the double arrows you have the MSTG activated

MTSG is not linked to the "double arrows" button. MTSG happens when two corps (or army HQ) of the same army are in adjacent areas. "Double arrows" button is for coordinated move only.

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Wed May 25, 2011 8:19 pm

Mickey3D wrote:MTSG is not linked to the "double arrows" button. MTSG happens when two corps (or army HQ) of the same army are in adjacent areas. "Double arrows" button is for coordinated move only.

Yup. I wasn't counting on MTSG strictly speaking. Instead the two corps were both ordered to the same region from two different adjacent regions and the preliminary "ghost" move indicated that they would both take 8 days. Just didn't work out that way. Good to know that double arrow restriction, which I didn't know precisely, so thanks!

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”