George McClellan
Captain
Location: " If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere!"

Beyond 1866

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:59 pm

Question for the Moderators and Developers (arsan or Pocus preferably):
I want to play beyond 1866 into 1870 against the Brits. Any idea how?

Cromagnonman
Brigadier General

Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:22 am

You probably want to check out the modding forum

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:15 am

It comes down to one question - is it in the code or in an accessible file? If it's in a file, you can, most probably, one way or another, change the values in a file. .txt files are the easiest - even tech writers can do those. Some files need to be opened with Other Stuff and, if you know what you're doing (i. e., you're not a tech writer), aren't really that hard. The first caveat is that you have to know, not just be sure, I Swear I Knew, but know that the values don't affect Other Things (like .dll's, for example).

Hard coded stuff is inaccessible, unless you have stuff that most people don't have at home, like parsers, compilers, etc.

I've done some limited minor modding - most of the time I use Other People's Stuff, because (a) it's easier, and (b) I'm a tech writer.
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]
-Daniel Webster

[color="#FFA07A"]"C'mon, boys, we got the damn Yankees on the run!"[/color]
-General Joseph Wheeler, US Army, serving at Santiago in 1898

RULES
(A) When in doubt, agree with Ace.
(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

Johnny Reb
Private

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:41 am

George McClellan wrote:I want to play beyond 1866 into 1870 against the Brits. Any idea how?

George...I think it would be a lot easier just to play LSSpam between 1861 into 1865. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

George McClellan
Captain
Location: " If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere!"

Ay, ay, ay...

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:27 am

Johnny Reb wrote:George...I think it would be a lot easier just to play LSSpam between 1861 into 1865. :D

:happyrun: :nuts: :nuts: Stop it!

Gray_Lensman

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:50 am

deleted

Pocus

Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:53 am

You can do events to alter the campaign (even the one you are currently playing, is this not great? ;) ).

On top of my head, one event pushing to end date, and then another adding a bunch of British forces in Canada, would be enough to do the trick. If you want a red flood, then this is rather easy to do...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”