Courtenay
Private

Damaged support units

Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:48 pm

In the initial mobilization, both sides have damaged support units: an Army HQ and lots of supply units. Is there any reason to buy replacements for these units? Or does a damaged HQ or supply unit do just as good a job as an undamaged one? A damaged supply unit carries just as much supply as an undamaged one, so I don't see why one would want to repair one, but possibly there is a reason I am missing.

Thank you.

arsan

Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:24 pm

So they are not so brittle. You wouldn't want to lose a HQ by a couple of lucky enemy shots don't you ;)
Supply units must be above 50% strength to be usable to build depots.

Courtenay
Private

Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:18 pm

Thank you. I had not realized that support units (except artillery) could be hit in a large battle; my understanding of how combat worked was flawed. However, I am going to _not_ rebuild my supply units in the current game, and see if this has any ill effects. Eventually (very eventually) I will report on what happens. Even if a few supply elements are destroyed, with the money saved on not spending replacements is allows one to buy a couple of extra supply units.

Chaplain Lovejoy
Brigadier General

Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:06 am

I intentionally neglected once to buy a replacement point for Army HQ units. One of my Army HQ units subsequently went "totally red" and disappeared. Any other unit, not so bad--just buy another. But Army HQ unit availability is sequenced, and they're not always available. Lesson learned.

Return to “AACW Strategy discussions”