Alex R.G
Conscript

Purchased Game but it freezes my computer

Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:14 am

After, I download and install the game the agesettings thing pops up and input the serial key emailed to me. However, every single time I have done so my computer freezes. I am running Windows 7 64-bit. Please help !

Highlandcharge

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:14 pm

Try and disable your virus checker before installing AACW, enter your serial and then enable you virus checker again, your virus program might be causing the freeze...

Alex R.G
Conscript

Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:43 pm

That did nothing, I even reinstalled it with the Avast off but the same thing happened

Pocus

Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:35 am

That's when you validate the key with AGESettings, right? If this is the case, then you might try to input the key directly into a file so that AGESettings does not trigger. You have to open the game main folder (might be C:\Program Files\Ageod American Civil War) then the folder Settings. There you'll see a file named general.opt, this is a text file, open it with notepad.

At the end of the file, there is an entry like
serial =

add your key after the equal sign, save and close. Restart the game.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Blond_Knight
Private

Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:47 am

I had something very similar happen lastnight when I installed AACW on my Win7 machine. The game and the AGEsettings didn't work right until I applied the 1.17a patch.

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”