Alex R.G
Conscript

Demo freezes computer

Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:20 pm

Hey all I wanted to try the demo because I love the ACW but I can't get the game to launch, when I double click for it to start it freezes my computer. I have windows 7 64-bit. Please help, I'm thinking of buying this game and I'd hate a technical issue to kill my dream :(

Taillebois
General of the Army

Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:05 pm

Works Ok on my Windows 7 64 bit.

Why not try one of the other AGEOD demos, e.g. AJE, as this might show whether the problem is with the game or some setting son your PC?

Alex R.G
Conscript

Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:53 pm

I own and can play RUS, and it runs fine so should I try another ?

Bullman
Lieutenant

Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:14 am

I have a similar thing with the demo. It didn't exactly freeze the computer but the demo wouldn't start and it will just create an instance of AACW.exe in Task Manager when I try to run the game.

I can't believe I was able to work out what the problem was.

I dug deeper and checked out the AACW.exe process that was created and was amazed to find this:

[ATTACH]33299[/ATTACH]

Seems the process Setpoint.exe was causing AACW.exe to stall.

Setpoint.exe is just a Logitech process that manages my Logitech mouse.

I manually close that process and incredibly the demo now work when I start it.

I am sure that there is something in the coding of the demo and possibly the full AACW game itself that must be having an issue with this Setpoint.exe process. The original guy who started this thread also had similar troubles when he tried running the full game.

Be worth having AGEOD look to see how and why this demo has an issue with this rather innocuous and relatively common (Logitech mice are somewhat popular) process. Who knows if it is common in other releases.
Attachments
bug.JPG

markorvan
Conscript

Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:51 am

Thanks seems useful

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”