benway90
Civilian

Problem with PBEM (no paper clip in load game)

Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Hello, i'm starting a new PBEM game and we are running into a difficulty. My friend is hosting the game and has sent me the starting files. I have done my orders and saved them as such. I send the .ord file back to him and this is where we run into difficulty. even though he saves my .ord file in the proper saves folder, there is no recognition of my orders (in other words, there is no paper clip next to my orders file when he goes to load the game). he is running vista on his machine and has already disabled UAC as we have read about in these forums. there is still no solution to the problem. my orders are still not being recognized by his game. has anyone else run into something like this? if so, were you able to fix it and if so, how did you accomplish this. In a previous game i hosted and there were no issues whatsoever. Please advise as we would like to commence our game with him being host this time.

thank you for any assistance.

Pete

Jim-NC

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:26 pm

Welcome to the forums.

Did you change the name of the game at all after he sent it to you? The name of the files have to match (except the CSA or USA part).
Are you on the same turn? This sounds silly I know, but if he accidently processed the turn (without your orders), then you would have sent back the orders for the turn before. The game will not give the paperclip icon for that.
Are you sure the save is in the correct location? Once again, I know this sounds silly, but Vista has been known to move save files for the game. The .hst, .trn, and .ord must all be together in a folder for processing.

I am sure there are other things that could have gone wrong, but I am drawing a blank right now.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”