Schluiffen
Lieutenant

Auxiliary units dissapeared

Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:13 pm

I´ve suffered it two times in different games playing as USA. I usually bought auxiliar units in the first turns of the GC but after few turns my Hospital and Engineer units simply dissapear of the stacks!! :(

When I´ve bougth again they have the names like new units (1st hospital, 2nd hospital...) :bonk:

And other problem: if you move your naval bateries outside a fort (by mistake) then you lost the naval bombard icon. Does it returns if you put the bateries inside again? When? 14 turns waiting.. :grr:

lodilefty

Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:31 pm

Schluiffen wrote:I´ve suffered it two times in different games playing as USA. I usually bought auxiliar units in the first turns of the GC but after few turns my Hospital and Engineer units simply dissapear of the stacks!! :(

When I´ve bougth again they have the names like new units (1st hospital, 2nd hospital...) :bonk:

And other problem: if you move your naval bateries outside a fort (by mistake) then you lost the naval bombard icon. Does it returns if you put the bateries inside again? When? 14 turns waiting.. :grr:

What patch version?

I'll need a save game to look at the vanishing units.
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game

The Coastal guns will need to reentrench to the level required to bombard (Level 3)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Schluiffen
Lieutenant

Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:20 pm

lodilefty wrote:What patch version?

I'll need a save game to look at the vanishing units.
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game

The Coastal guns will need to reentrench to the level required to bombard (Level 3)

Patch 1.15. I´ll send you the save game later, I´m not at home now.

Thank you for your quick answer!! :w00t:

PS: Coastal guns are already on the 4th Level and still nothing :(

Schluiffen
Lieutenant

Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:23 am

Here are the files. I only added the current turn and 3 backup folders. When I began to create the .rar I´ve noticed that there´s .TAG numbered "turn2684" wich is repeated in the backup folders
Attachments
Sch vs Old GCApr61wK Backup3.rar
(2.22 MiB) Downloaded 207 times
Sch vs Old GCApr61wK Backup1&2.rar
(4.48 MiB) Downloaded 186 times
Sch vs Old GCApr61wK Current Turn.rar
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 187 times

lodilefty

Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:08 pm

Schluiffen wrote:Here are the files. I only added the current turn and 3 backup folders. When I began to create the .rar I´ve noticed that there´s .TAG numbered "turn2684" wich is repeated in the backup folders

Please send your savegame password to me in a PM,..... :blink:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Schluiffen
Lieutenant

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:06 pm

lodilefty wrote:Please send your savegame password to me in a PM,..... :blink:

It´s done. Thank you again lodilefty :coeurs:

lodilefty

Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:29 pm

I am not seeing these units vanish when I execute turns.... :confused:

I'm able to find them in the ledger-roster by filtering Service Units or Engineers...

I am running 1.16 RC7, so maybe there is/was a bug in 1.15....

Thank you for playing AACW :love: .
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Schluiffen
Lieutenant

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:07 pm

lodilefty wrote:I am not seeing these units vanish when I execute turns.... :confused:

I'm able to find them in the ledger-roster by filtering Service Units or Engineers...

I am running 1.16 RC7, so maybe there is/was a bug in 1.15....

Thank you for playing AACW :love: .

You can check the last turn (number 17, I guess) and see Grant hasn´t any auxiliar units. After that you can go to previous turn and see Grant had one hospital and pioneer.

Do you mean that if I install the 1.16 patch the problem could be solved?

Thank you again ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------
[SIZE="1"]There’s a valley in Spain called Jarama,
That's a place that we all know so well,
for 'tis there that we wasted our manhood,
And most of our old age as well.
[/size]

charlesonmission

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:51 pm

Yeah, I think he is saying we are/have moved on from 1.15. 1.16 will be the official patch eventually.

Schluiffen wrote:You can check the last turn (number 17, I guess) and see Grant hasn´t any auxiliar units. After that you can go to previous turn and see Grant had one hospital and pioneer.

Thank you again ;)

lodilefty

Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:12 pm

Schluiffen wrote:You can check the last turn (number 17, I guess) and see Grant hasn´t any auxiliar units. After that you can go to previous turn and see Grant had one hospital and pioneer.

Thank you again ;)

I checked it again, doing turn as you say.
Units witht Grant did not disappear in 1.16 RC7 :w00t:

I suspect your depot build did the damage, as IIRC, the depot build was "buggy" in 1.15. :blink:

Workaround: try depot build with the supply unit in a separate stack, so nothing else gets involved.....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:15 pm

At the risk of abusing a dead equine, what you need to do is to install the latest version of the 1.16 beta patch and a small correction that is in the same thread.

Play the scenario, when you see Grant with auxilliaries, save your game, find the file in the save folder, copy it and set it aside in a safe place. Then keep playing, and if they dissapear, save your game and send both files in.

There's no point in having an overworked and undercompensated volunteer (martyr?) wade through hundreds of lines of code on a version of the game that is going to be completely outmoded in the very near future. We need his attention focused on the current version of the game. And we also need to buy him several serious rounds of drinks.

If the progression from 1.15 to 1.16 didn't kill the secret hospital bug, you'll have done everyone in the community a tremendous favor by putting a spot light on it (which will lead to its ultimate demise).

Schluiffen
Lieutenant

Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:51 pm

lodilefty wrote:I checked it again, doing turn as you say.
Units witht Grant did not disappear in 1.16 RC7 :w00t:

I suspect your depot build did the damage, as IIRC, the depot build was "buggy" in 1.15. :blink:

Workaround: try depot build with the supply unit in a separate stack, so nothing else gets involved.....

Philippe wrote:At the risk of abusing a dead equine, what you need to do is to install the latest version of the 1.16 beta patch and a small correction that is in the same thread.

Play the scenario, when you see Grant with auxilliaries, save your game, find the file in the save folder, copy it and set it aside in a safe place. Then keep playing, and if they dissapear, save your game and send both files in.

There's no point in having an overworked and undercompensated volunteer (martyr?) wade through hundreds of lines of code on a version of the game that is going to be completely outmoded in the very near future. We need his attention focused on the current version of the game. And we also need to buy him several serious rounds of drinks.

If the progression from 1.15 to 1.16 didn't kill the secret hospital bug, you'll have done everyone in the community a tremendous favor by putting a spot light on it (which will lead to its ultimate demise).

Thank you very very much, I´ll do it :thumbsup: I´m happy of helping in whatever I could

----------------------------------------------------------------

[SIZE="1"]There’s a valley in Spain called Jarama,
That's a place that we all know so well,
for 'tis there that we wasted our manhood,
And most of our old age as well.
[/size]

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”