Stauffenberg
General

Corrupt File prevents program from being Restarted

Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:07 am

While playing the AI I had a game crash as turn end was pressed. After rebooting, New Game start works on the opening menu, but I am unable to Resume or load game. When I attempt it I get this message:

"TGameSim.ExportData Exception caught: ExportStep: Files picking Impossible d'ouvrir le ficher XXX~CSA.ord This process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

The file in question is obviously corrupt and has a size of 0. I tried deleting it, renaming it, substituting another non corrupt CSA.ord file but am unable to--the program is hung up trying to use this file.

Any ideas?

I've sent in saved turn files and log to Support.

lodilefty

Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:10 pm

Do you have Admin priviledge?
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Stauffenberg
General

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:40 pm

I managed to solve the issue by starting up a new game, saving, and resume games a few times. This allowed me to finally delete the corrupt file the program had been hung up on.
The save game feature with this program is rather peculiar running with Windows 7. With some advice elsewhere on the forum I've managed to overcome most, but not all of the odd things that happen (still cannot effectively host pbem for example). That's ok, at least I can play it. )

lodilefty

Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Have you tried all of these tips?:

http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Vista_Saved_Games

AFAIK, they also help in Win 7
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Stauffenberg
General

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:03 am

Thanks for that.

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”