herc66
Civilian

battle resolution times get progressively longer win 7

Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:57 pm

I am having a problem with the battle resolution phase in the game. Upon starting a game the first couple of battles go really fast but after that they get progressively slower, the longest time so far for a single battle has been 6minutes.

My system specs are,

Win 7 home premiun 64bit
intel i3 530 2.93Ghz
4Gb ram
Radeon 5770
creative SB X-fi

I have checked and all my drivers are up to date, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game numerous times both to C:\ and to program files (x86) but the result is still the same. Any suggestions as to how i can resolve this issue.

charlesonmission

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:14 pm

Have you noticed that small battles are quick and large battles are longer? (the bigger they are the longer they are, especially if forces are about matched)

Charles

herc66 wrote:I am having a problem with the battle resolution phase in the game. Upon starting a game the first couple of battles go really fast but after that they get progressively slower, the longest time so far for a single battle has been 6minutes.

My system specs are,

Win 7 home premiun 64bit
intel i3 530 2.93Ghz
4Gb ram
Radeon 5770
creative SB X-fi

I have checked and all my drivers are up to date, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game numerous times both to C:\ and to program files (x86) but the result is still the same. Any suggestions as to how i can resolve this issue.

herc66
Civilian

Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:51 pm

Yeah the smaller battles are quicker but they can still take a couple of minutes. I had the game previously installed on xp and the battles were resolved in seconds so this is some difference, just can't put my finger on what is causing this to happen. I've played around with the game settings, tried running it in administrator mode and tried the different compatability options but nothing resolves the issue. Anybody got any suggestions as to what else i could try.

charlesonmission

Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:19 am

Take a look at the settings in options on the main screen. Are you using all memory, etc., etc. I'm guessing you are. I'm not a technical person, so no other ideas from me. Sorry.

Charles

herc66 wrote:Yeah the smaller battles are quicker but they can still take a couple of minutes. I had the game previously installed on xp and the battles were resolved in seconds so this is some difference, just can't put my finger on what is causing this to happen. I've played around with the game settings, tried running it in administrator mode and tried the different compatability options but nothing resolves the issue. Anybody got any suggestions as to what else i could try.

Pocus

Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:28 am

For some computers only, this can be due of all the logs generated by battles. Have you tried to defragment your HD, or better install the game elsewhere than on C:

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

herc66
Civilian

Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:21 am

yeah charles i've tried all the different memory settings but no joy.

Pocus i defrag my drive on a regular basis so its not that, unfortunately i only have the one drive so i can't install it anywhere else. Any other ideas?

Pocus

Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:43 pm

Yes, you should have in ACW\Settings\general.opt an entry like this one:

LogBatch = 10

Change the value to 100 and try again.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

herc66
Civilian

Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:19 pm

Pocus i checked the games opt file but the logbatch is already set to 100, any other ideas?

Pocus

Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:14 pm

yes, this can be your anti virus doing preemptive scans on the log files. For a quick test, try disabling the internet and your AV... If it works better, see if you can add some exception settings so the AV don't feel the need to scan the log files.

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”