Capt Cliff
Sergeant

Game Crashing while attempting to Load Saved Game

Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:56 am

My AGEOD ACW game now crashes when attempting to load a saved game.

I am attaching the Main log txt file.

Now I did go out and erase some save files, manually not using the program.

Starting a new game works and saving it. But trying to read it causes the game to crash.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi Capt Cliff!

Perhaps if you uninstall the game and reinstall it, you get to fix the problem. There may be some corrupt file. :thumbsup:

PS: Anyway, if you unistall the game, try to install it in C:\ directly instead in C:\Program Files\...

You will tell us... ;)
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Capt Cliff
Sergeant

Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:24 pm

Ethan wrote:Hi Capt Cliff!

Perhaps if you uninstall the game and reinstall it, you get to fix the problem. There may be some corrupt file. :thumbsup:

PS: Anyway, if you unistall the game, try to install it in C:\ directly instead in C:\Program Files\...

You will tell us... ;)

Thanks for the advice. I'll wait until Tech support suggest it.

Capt Cliff
Sergeant

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:30 pm

Well I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, using Ethan's advice. All went well until I went into the option menu and selected the compression of the file and filling out the password. I plan to do PBEM games. I started a game and when I executed the game I was asked to provide my password. I put in the password, but I had mistakenly had used caps in the option menu and when I did not enter the password with caps the program crashed to the desk top!! Why? Usually your asked to re-enter it or the program tells you it's wrong.

So I turn off the file compression, or no password. But now I am asked for the password ANYTIME I try to load a game by selecting the load save game button. WTH is wrong with this program?? Is that password now permanently attached to the program or what??

I am attaching the main log txt file.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”