gchristie
Brigadier General

finding saved games with Windows 7

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:27 pm

Am attempting to begin a PBEM using Windows 7 and the 1.16 RC 4a patch and the save game files aren't showing up in the Save folder. I loaded AACW in the Program Files folder and the Save folder is in the AACW folder but it is empty even though I also have a game going against the AI.

Where do the save files go?

I did a search on this but couldn't find the answer.

Regards,
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Nikel

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:35 pm

gchristie wrote:Am attempting to begin a PBEM using Windows 7 and the 1.16 RC 4a patch and the save game files aren't showing up in the Save folder. I loaded AACW in the Program Files folder and the Save folder is in the AACW folder but it is empty even though I also have a game going against the AI.

Where do the save files go?

I did a search on this but couldn't find the answer.

Regards,

Look here ;)

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=15612&highlight=saves

gchristie
Brigadier General

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:39 pm

Thank you, Nikel.

I did a search on my hard drive, which I should have done before posting (impatient fellow am I :) ) and found it in:

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\AGEod's American Civil War\ACW\Saves
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

gchristie
Brigadier General

Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:54 pm

OK, I know my way around computers a bit, but this is frustrating.

The save games files are on the hard drive, but when I try to attach the .trn file in an email I can't locate the folder.

I see c:\users\my name\ but there is no AppData folder per the attached screen shot.

Can anyone help me out?
Attachments
No AppData folder.png

gchristie
Brigadier General

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Eureka! I figured it out by resorting to the magic of the internet.

Perhaps this will help someone else in the future:

Additional note: you were not seeing it because it is a HIDDEN system folder. You can view these by opening Windows Explorer (to any folder), then pressing ALT on the keyboard (to show the Menu Bar), then click Tools, then Folder Options. Click the View Tab, then select the "Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives" Radio Button, and click OK.

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:20 pm

I had trouble with this until I reinstalled AACW in the root C: drive.

Then I went to the Saves folder in Windows Explorer and added it to my favorites file. Now I can get to it very fast.

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”