TheDoctorKing

Game hangs when boarding boats from fortified location

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:22 pm

On two occasions in an ongoing PBEM game, a USA force in an area with a CSA fortification has attempted to board a USA fleet in an adjoining river zone. In both cases, the order to board was accepted, but when we went to execute the turn, it hung. Here is the save game of the second occurence. The force is Buell's in Paducah, trying to board the fleet to the northeast.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lodilefty

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:33 pm

While you wait for analysis, try turning on "evasive move" for both the boarding troops and the fleet. (Similar issues have arisen in past with other AGE gamesets)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Pocus

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:20 pm

Turn rank ok, can someone try with his version? I doubt it is the new code base which is doing its magic, as nothing much changed in this aspect of the game (unless the % chance of prospector parties discovering new ore can affect the boarding logic of an army :mdr :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

TheDoctorKing

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Usually I have the armies on evade since they are trying to escape. I don't think I want the fleets to evade, though. They are stopping rebel gunboats from proceeding upstream to further disrupt my river transport.

The same bug has happened again near Mobile, trying to board ships at sea.
Stewart King

"There is no substitute for victory"

Depends on how you define victory.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gray_Lensman

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:12 am

deleted

Captain_Orso

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:22 am

I was playing a game vs Athena a few weeks ago at patch level 1.15 and ran into an issue in which the turn could not complete. It didn't have anything to do with loading or unloading troops from or onto transports. I sent the turn to support@ and got a reply that it would run with the then 1.16b3 patch and that I should try that. So I installed that and could continue the game.

Pocus does state though that there is an incompatibility in the save formats, but does not go into what that incompatibility is or how it could affect moving a running game from one patch level to another, upwards or downwards.
Pocus wrote:Knows though that it is not save compatible.

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”