LCS
Civilian

ACW sound problems

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi, I just recently purchased American Civil War and there is no music on the campaign maps. Other sound effects work just fine. Music plays when the program starts up and at the start up menu. When I go to a campaign map however there is no music. Only once when loading up a map there was music.
My sound card drivers are up to date and I have no sound problems in other applications.

I purchased this at Gamers Gate. The version is 1.05
there are no other patches available at Gamers Gate

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:05 pm

You might want to go to the options menu and play around with the delay setting under music.

If you have the delay set at long, it might seem like the music isn't playing. Try setting it at no delay, and watch it from the options menu for a while to make sure that it is working (I think it will also flash the names of the pieces of music on the screen when you do that).

And make sure you have the latest patch.

The music system works, but takes a little getting used to. And once you've learned how the system works you'll be able to add the music from the Ken Burns Civil War documentary to what's already provided.

LCS
Civilian

Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:57 pm

Philippe wrote:You might want to go to the options menu and play around with the delay setting under music.

If you have the delay set at long, it might seem like the music isn't playing. Try setting it at no delay, and watch it from the options menu for a while to make sure that it is working (I think it will also flash the names of the pieces of music on the screen when you do that).

And make sure you have the latest patch.

The music system works, but takes a little getting used to. And once you've learned how the system works you'll be able to add the music from the Ken Burns Civil War documentary to what's already provided.

No such option exists. I go to options from the start menu. There are 4 tabs, the last 3 of which are for gameplay functions and have nothing to do with sound. The 1st tab has sound settings but only simply to turn them off or on.

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi LCS!

I'm afraid you have not installed the latest patch. You can see the version you have installed on the loading screen in the lower right corner. The latest patch is 1.15 so if this isn't the one you have you can download it here:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/AACW_Patch.zip

Regards! ;) :thumbsup:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:34 pm

The first item under the first tab is music, and that's what you want to adjust.

Version 1.05 is pretty ancient -- you really need to get your copy a bit more up-to-date. The advances in map research were incorporated into the later patches.

If the AGEOD patch doesn't work with your version of the game, you should drop Pocus a line and ask for suggestions. The AGEOD team is very responsive.

LCS
Civilian

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:56 am

Ethan wrote:Hi LCS!

I'm afraid you have not installed the latest patch. You can see the version you have installed on the loading screen in the lower right corner. The latest patch is 1.15 so if this isn't the one you have you can download it here:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/AACW_Patch.zip

Regards! ;) :thumbsup:

I have ACW updated to 1.15 . Still the same options menu. The music does come on, but only between intervals of 1-3 minutes of no music. Basically a song will play and after it ends there will be a 1-3 minute interval before the next song comes up.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:16 am

What are the names of the items that you see under the first tab of the options screen?

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi! :)

Are you sure you have successfully updated to 1.15 patch? If so you should see this options screen:

Regards! :thumbsup:
Attachments
Options screen 1.15.jpg
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:39 pm

Having several minutes elapse before the next tune starts playing sounds a lot like the long pause setting. If he really doesn't see the music menu item that allows you to select long/short/no pause/no music, that probably means the patch isn't updating his version of the game. I can only think of two reasons for that: either the AGEOD patch doesn't work with earlier Gamersgate versions (Pocus can answer that) or the game isn't recognizing his copy as an unblacklisted copy (it happens sometimes, and again, Pocus can answer and fix that). Any way you look at it, all roads lead to Pocus, unless the options item music is staring him in the face but is so obvious he can't see it (happens to me all the time).

Bottom line: he should get in touch with someone official at AGEOD who can unsnarl this.

Pocus

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:16 am

LCS wrote:No such option exists. I go to options from the start menu. There are 4 tabs, the last 3 of which are for gameplay functions and have nothing to do with sound. The 1st tab has sound settings but only simply to turn them off or on.

This is the media tab and it has options to change the delay between music. You should be in 1.15 version though. GG copies are fully compatible with this patch.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun May 02, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi LCS! :)

As you know, in the loading screen in the lower right corner appears the patch you have installed (Picture). Make sure this one is 1.15
If you have already installed it, i have no idea what is happening.

Good luck! ;) :thumbsup:
Attachments
Loading screen.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”