John Sedgwick
Colonel

From Late Feb to Late Mar in One Turn? PBEM 1.15

Mon May 16, 2011 6:21 am

I first noticed something was up when Watie and Quantrill were stationary during the replay and dug in, despite having been given movement orders. I believe other movements failed to show up in the replay as well. So I loaded the last turn's orders, checked Watie and Quantrill - they ended up where they were supposed to go. But then I looked at the date - last turn was Late February. This turn, the date is Late March. Other than the replay being wonky and units digging in, the orders seemed to have processed all right, but apparently North America had a collective seizure for 15 days in 1863 :bonk:

Yellowhammer is the host, and I've asked him to save the relevant files (assuming he still has them) so he can post them here.
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Mon May 16, 2011 10:10 am

Taking another look, I noticed I also have twice the number of money, conscripts and war supplies than expected, consistent with having skipped Early March. We're going to try reverting to Late February 1863, hopefully things will sort themselves out. But in case anyone wants to compare the files on my end with the files on the host machine, I have attached the last ORD file I sent to Yellowhammer (turn 46, Late Feb '63), and the last TRN file I received (turn 48, Late March '63).
Attachments
HammervsSedgwick~CSAtrnLateMar63.zip
(137.98 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
HammervsSedgwick~CSAordLateFeb63.zip
(75.5 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
"I'm ashamed of you, dodging that way. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."ImageImage

Gray_Lensman

Mon May 16, 2011 11:38 am

deleted

John Sedgwick
Colonel

Mon May 16, 2011 12:16 pm

Okay, thanks Gray, I will pass that on. I'll reinstall too for good measure, though I guess it's less likely to a problem on my end (recently reinstalled anyway to revert to 1.15). Hopefully the saved games haven't been corrupted.

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”