Zebedee
Sergeant

Corruption Issues

Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:56 am

Hi all,

it seems for some reason I'm getting corruption problems which is leading to odd things in my game. I've had this since I first downloaded the game and Pocus speedily sorted out a replacement download which did work for me.

(eg under 1.11g beta + Gray's mod, I was getting the turn date advancing a full month, ie no early or late phase - just a full month turn, and under 1.12rc I've just had the Laredo militia vanish the turn after the event fired to place them there).

I turn off my AV and spybot when installing the game and patches (after disconnecting from net of course), and the only other things I can think of which could be causing any problems are the firewalls on my router and the built-in one for xp. Turning them off to download really isn't an option :(

Does anyone have any suggestions about reducing the chances of corrupting the data files? The game itself is perfectly playable, the corruption just seems to be causing odd little bugs which can't be replicated on other people's systems and causing me to generate inaccurate feedback for those working on the game.

All the best,

Zeb
[font="Verdana"]"For God's sake, let us if possible keep out of it." - Lord Russell on British government policy towards the warring states, Hansard.[/font]

[color="Blue"]Gray's Historical Accuracy Mod for AACW[/color]

Pocus

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:49 am

Try rolling back the turn with the disappearing Laredo militia. I would be surprised that it don't vanish each time.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “AACW Technical support / Aide technique”