Spharv2

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:24 pm

To be honest, for me at least, I have never paid really close attention to the hits counters as more than a very basic idea of how I did. When the battle screen comes up, I look to see if any units were destroyed, then I look at the casualties. The hits counter is just a peripheral thing that I can see at a glance who got hurt more, and in which phase it happened.

All my post-battle analysis comes from inspecting the units after the battle, seeing who got hurt the most, which units need to be rotated out, who should be shifted to another leader, etc. Personally, I can't wait for the expanded results they want to include. Some of the ideas I've heard about them would bring the whole business of commanding an army and reading reports from your subordinates to see how the battle went into much sharper focus.

Knowing more than the fact that Early was blamed for suffering heavy losses will be a huge improvement. Why did he? Was it because his command was inferior? Or was the support that was supposed to be on his flank absent? So basically, I agree with you guys that battle reports could definitely be improved, but they'll come, I guarantee it, because I'm not going to stop bugging them about it. :)

Pocus

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:47 pm

Showing the number of men participating in a battle is definitively on the radar, this feature missed release version as we prefer to concentrate on more criticals things (this is a purely cosmetic one when you think of it), but there is a big chance that it will be done one/two weeks after release. (We will still be working full time on the game even after release, there is so much to do on a subject like that!)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:23 pm

GReat, I agree there are certainly more pressing needs than adressing this.

arsan

Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:09 pm

Pocus wrote:Showing the number of men participating in a battle is definitively on the radar, this feature missed release version as we prefer to concentrate on more criticals things (this is a purely cosmetic one when you think of it), but there is a big chance that it will be done one/two weeks after release. (We will still be working full time on the game even after release, there is so much to do on a subject like that!)

I know one can count on future improvements on your games and not only bug fixes.
That's what meke Ageod so special !!!
Support beyond duty!! :coeurs: :coeurs: :coeurs:

Return to “American Civil War AARs”