marecone

Beta random AAR's

Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:29 am

Ok, as promised. Playing with Yanks. Campaign April 1861. Turn 8.

All historical data is in the game. Looks great :coeurs: . In this campaign you start from scratch. For now, I am doing great on all fronts.

Here are few random screens.

This is Texas. I just lost Tuscon but still have some military presence in Texas. These forces were stationed there before the war.

Missouri. I have Rolla and Jefferson. Now moveing with Lyon on Springfield.

Events are almost done. You have events appear for first few turns for now. I didn't take any shots before and now it is too late.
If I start from beginning I'll post those as well.

Open for all questions. Ofcourse AGEOD boys and other betas are free to give you answers as well.

Godspeed
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

marecone

Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:52 am

Apart fro beeing historicaly accurate this game provides this to!

Hughe number of real events from ACW. Read, learn, enjoy and play! :coeurs:

Godspeed
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

marecone

Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:33 am

I just got new boat :king: .
Time to deal with CSS Virginia :niark:

Godspeed

Pocus

Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:43 pm

the screen look a bit cramped (well you forgot about that once you have the habit, this is why I think Marko don't care) because this is a 1024x768 screenshot, with full debug info, supply filter on, unit detail open, in a region with many cities :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

marecone

Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:47 pm

Well this is a preview for those with old and very old computers and bad resolution and such :niark: .
Maybe some of the other betas will post better looking screens with higher resolution so you can see the difference. :siffle:

Godspeed

Pocus

Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:52 pm

I think our private deer slayer has a nasty screen, something like 2048 wide? Or is it Lee?. Darn Americans, you are so rich :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Spharv2

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:15 pm

Pocus wrote:I think our private deer slayer has a nasty screen, something like 2048 wide? Or is it Lee?. Darn Americans, you are so rich :)

hehe...not me, I got 1680X1050...wish I could get up around the 2k range. :) Rich americans? I wish, this thing only cost me $250, and that was my Christmas money...well spent Christmas money I must say.

Spharv2

Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:13 pm

Here are my screens, first is zoomed out all the way, second is zoomed in all the way with one division selected.

marecone

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:50 am

WOW :nuts: ! You can see half States. Very nice.

Generalisimo

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:15 pm

WoW :coeurs:
Did that cost you too much money? :niark:
"History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
Napoleon Bonaparte

BOA-AAR: ¡Abajo el imperialismo Británico! (en español)

AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!

marecone

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:48 pm

If you are hungry for more screens you'll have to ask other betas to post some. I will be at my home computer on monday earliest.

Godspeed

Florent

Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:42 am

The latest screenshots show that the campaign started takes place in May 1861. Is it the new start or April ?

Spharv2

Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:28 am

Florent wrote:The latest screenshots show that the campaign started takes place in May 1861. Is it the new start or April ?

There are two '61 start times, you can play from July with a good bit of stuff in place, or you can start in April with basically nothing. To me, the April start seems a bit more challenging as the CSA.

Florent

Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:56 am

Thanks for your quick answer Spharv2. The June start has thus been discarded. Nice to have different starting point.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:09 pm

Marecone, it's monday... :)

marecone

Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:39 pm

veji1 wrote:Marecone, it's monday... :)

:) I know, I know...
I didn't play the game for 5 days now :p leure: :p leure: :p leure:
I did have internert access but didn't have the game :p leure: . Very sad and painfull. :nuts:
But...
I am back and I'll try to find some time to post something here. I think Spharv2 is doing a great job so until I catch up with all updates you have him and other betas :sourcil:
Hope that's ok with you

Godspeed

mike1962
Sergeant

Mississippi Delta

Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:14 pm

I was wondering if any of you beta testers had a screen shot of the New Orleans area? I have not seen one. Just curious as to how the passes are divided up in the game.
Thanks, Mike

Spharv2

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:57 pm

mike1962 wrote:I was wondering if any of you beta testers had a screen shot of the New Orleans area? I have not seen one. Just curious as to how the passes are divided up in the game.
Thanks, Mike

Sorry, meant to do this a while back, and forgot, and, since you had to wait, here's two shots...

mike1962
Sergeant

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:14 pm

Sweet. Thanks for your time. Like that widescreen layout. Mike

daidojisan
Sergeant

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:02 am

What is that union brigade west of New Orleans building ? (The one that has the hammer symbol)

Btw Spharv2 you seem to have the confederacy on it's knees considering all the blue dots on the map, no small feat being only half way into 1863.

:dada:

frank7350
Brigadier General

Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:17 am

I believe he's repairing RR line. If you look closely, you can barely make out the sprite with the red background. That looks to be the symbol for the destroyed rail line

Spharv2

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:59 pm

daidojisan wrote:What is that union brigade west of New Orleans building ? (The one that has the hammer symbol)

Btw Spharv2 you seem to have the confederacy on it's knees considering all the blue dots on the map, no small feat being only half way into 1863.

:dada:

That's a cavalry division (The unit you see is the Divisional HQ icon) that is indeed repairing the rail line.

Yeah, this was the campaign starting in '63, so the Union starts out in a pretty good spot. I was running this scenario to test the ability of the AI to use the capital movement option, but if played out, I probably would have won this one in the next 5-6 months, but beating up any AI in a late war scenario as the Union is somewhat akin to saying you can beat up Dr. Hawking...

But don't worry, this was a previous save against an AI that hasn't been fully optimized to take advantage of the use of the corps units and army structure. It's kind of like playing against someone who played BoA, but hadn't even looked in the manual or run any tutorials for AACW. The disadvantages of not using your divisions, and not spreading your armies corps out is a huge one, and the sooner you learn to use those options, the better off you'll be. It's not too hard to defeat a player, AI or human, who groups his armies together into one area and doesn't use divisional HQs to their full extent.

Return to “American Civil War AARs”