oncleblaire
Conscript

AAR Charles USA vs oncleBlaire CSA - ##forbidden to Charles !

Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:47 am

Greetings everyone, I'm glad to welcome you in this attempt of an AAR telling the tale of the Civil War waged between Charlesonmission and I !

That time, I shall play the bad guys, so this is a Southern AAR. If Charles had to read this while we are still playing, I would urge him to leave the thread now, for I am up to tell you about the whole 3-year- strategy I shall decide.

I will face Charlesonmission for this game we play with 1.16rc9 version with the following rules :
Grand campaign
1 redeployment allowded / turn
Historical generals & attrition
Normal intervention, delay before battling, and blockhade management.

Long live to Jeff Davis, southern galantry, slavery and backward economy !

oncleblaire
Conscript

Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:14 am

[color="DimGray"]My Strategy : defeat the Anaconda ![/color]

I want to give my opponent a hell for this game, and some fun for you !
I will divide the operations in 4 parts :

1- The Eastern Theatre : Virginia and Northern Carolina. These states have to be kept safe from invasion at all cost. Richmond musn't be threatenned. Manassas has to stand up to october at least to salvage the ennemy's NM. Moreover, I have to pay attention on any landings which would threaten my supply line from the South (Garisburg, Petersburg).
Offensives may be decided with cautiousness. The aim is to keep the ground and loose the least men.

2. The Central Theatre : Tennessee, Kentucky, Northern Georgia Mississippi, and Alabama.
These lands have to be sacrified in order to set up a scorched earth strategy : I hope my opponent will ruch Nashville, Corinth and Memphis, being ungarisonned and their depots be destroyed. Fort Henry & Donelson will be destructed. I want his forces to poor in my vast territories, so deep that raiding his supply lines with strong and ungraspable cavalry divisions will be easy !

3. The Western Theatre. Missouri, Arkansas, Texas, the Rockies, Arizona, etc.
I won't fight for Missouri for the transportation system in this state is appalling, when it is easy for the Union to organize as long as they hold Saint-Louis. So Price's mission is to slow down any Yankee offensive, especially if it reaches Arkansas.
On the other hand, Polk and some other generals will build up a good military power in Texas to storm Tucson and build a depot here, in order to allow a supply line between Texas and California.

4. The Costal & Oveseas Departement

For my intend is to capture the extremely worthy gold mines in California. If captured before March 62, and kept to the remainder of the war, they will cost 6 000 $ to the US and the CSA will earn at least 4 000 $, a very decisive difference !
The only way to capture California is to perform a successful landing. For it is impossible to cross the terrible desert, which drain all the cohesion and cost to many men from attrition.
To achieve such a purpose, a strong confederate heavy Navy must be encrafted.
Other economic cities will be heavily defended, such as New Orleans, Mobile, Savannah, Charleston, Wilmington, and Matadorga.

I hope the sacrifice of Missouri and all central states to let me enough ressources to defend Virginia very well, to create a good navy, a correct expeditionnary army, and impregnable costal-commercial cities...

Coldsteel
Sergeant

Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Sounds interesting. . . . Not sure I would just go ahead and give up the "middle" of my country. . . but I'll be waiting to hear how this works out for you!
Pour it into em boys! Give em the Cold Steel!

Jim-NC

Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:51 pm

As the CSA you can sail to California? I've never tried that. How long does that take? You can wait to answer until after the invasion.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

deadk1ng
Civilian

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:23 pm

that is a chess strategy though I dont remember what its called...there was a time that it was pretty popular to give up the center for the flanks...not so much now...good luck buddy

Return to “American Civil War AARs”