spelk
Conscript

Shiloh - A Newbie Attempt

Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:14 am

After a couple of days worth of fiddling with AGEOD's AACW, heres the beginnings of my AAR for Shiloh.

http://sugarfreegamer.com/?p=1273

Its not an example of how to win at the scenario, far from it, its just a newbie attempt at understanding the mechanics and playing out a simple scenario. Hopefully some folks might read it and become inspired to try the game out and then teach me a thing or two.

As you read it, you might notice I only have the most basic grasp on whats going on. All comments and advice most welcome - especially from the AGEOD vets willing to help newcomers to the AGEOD games :)

Mickey3D

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi Spelk,

Thanks to take the time to write an AAR. Two comments :

as long as the Corps stays in Command range of its associated Army, they can come to each others aid if necessary – something about “Marching to the sound of the Guns”

Marching to the sound of guns can happen only between adjacent corps of the same army.

I have some gunboats stationed at Nashville and I bring them out into the immediate river (imagining that they may help block crossings over the river – but I’m not sure if this the case – it felt like a good move).

Gunboats will indeed block river crossing. Here is the detailed rule (with patch 1.11d and later) :
[INDENT]"Ships blocking troop passage over the river now have 23% chance per ship to block the passage (of all troops during the turn), up to 90%."[/INDENT]

Return to “American Civil War AARs”