PascalB
Lieutenant

3rd tournament round - PascalB (USA) vs PhilThib

Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Hi all
I'm glad to face PhilThib for this 3rd round of the second tournament.
I hope this little AAR'll be nice for everyone and that your comments'll learn me more and more about this game.

First of all I must admit that I never played this scenario (24 turn - west theater) so it's a bit hard to feel what I have to do... but with the initial round (Shilloh) and my PBEM great campaign games, I had some other experiences in this front.

I hereby show you what're my objectives for the first part of the game (10 turns I think)

As you see, I have no intention to make amphibious or fluvial assault. I think this little tactical change'll disturb my opponent. My intention is to be really fast in my central attacks and penetration. so Island 10 and the other fluvial fort are not true objectives IMO. Memphis, Corinth and Pulaski are the main targets for my blue troopers.

I pay some reinforcements like some replacements, mostly in the center of the front. Trans-Mississippi'll stay a secondary theater till main goals'll be reached.

So in the Trans-Mississippi theater, i just put Sigel on defensive position, till weather change to fair... And till he'll be activated (I dream often, I know :) )

Now the most interesting and important place... The center of the offensive.
I join U the picture with all the informations needed.

You can see that I sent Mississippi Command to Cairo, to embark and rush Island 10 who seems really undergarrisoned and low on cohesion. In the extreme east, I sent a cavalry regiment to take Lexington.
For the Army of Tennessee, the great rush begins. Colombus, Madison, McNairy and Humbolt are Grant's troopers objectives. It's to avoid any Rebs defensive positions in the upper Tennessee. For the Ohio army, Buell's troops have to prepare their offensive move and to protect Nashville.

This first turn, I hope, will give me good positions to crush the Rebs center and to protect my rear areas.

slimey.rock
Major

Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:54 pm

So it begins ;)

PhilThib

Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Nice :cool: Give me 48 hrs to sort myself and the shooting shall begin :D

MrT
Colonel

Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:50 am

Looking foward too seeing the ones whos purchased the game against the ones who designed the game!! Will be following this with much interest.

PascalB
Lieutenant

Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:02 pm

So...
After vacation period, I'm back to the game.

The first turn's resolution was not a good one for me.

First, the lonely good news... I repulsed a cavalry raid at Ft-Henry.
By gilgalaad001

But Philippe had a great view of my initial moves, and he gave me a hard kick in Humbolt... Grant wasn't inspired at this one and the blues was driven back easily...
By gilgalaad001

Now, all is quite on the front, the weather is really bad and all the moves'll cost lots of losses.
Buell has indeed received the order to advance a bit near Pulaski and Chattanooga. I hope it'll attract some rebs forces in front of Memphis to this sector.
By gilgalaad001

I hope Grant'll better repulse any rebs attack, if they come...

PascalB
Lieutenant

Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:05 pm

For these days, I try to establish a good defensive position in far west. And with many luck, I surprised a rebs incursion and beated them easily in two battles

By gilgalaad001

By gilgalaad001

In this theater I just order to my troops to move near Fayetteville

In the west, I order a move to Reel, to chase CSA garrison there.
I also order a little move to concentrate Grant's army against any new big attack. It's a big risky but I dont wanna to show any weakness to my opponent. I wanna show him that I'm a confiden one and that any ground gains'll be costly paid.

I had a little victory in Decaturville, establishing a little front line

By gilgalaad001

As you see in this picture my most offensive move is against Pulasky and his depot. For the rest of my position, I fid them really bad.
Phil's first moves made me really out of position.

By gilgalaad001

Next pray : may Grant hold his position... and things'll maybe going to change.

PascalB
Lieutenant

Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:42 pm

Next turn and a really different situation

In the far west, I sent a regiment to cut supply line for Fayetteville. My previous victory seemed to stop the rebs aggressive intentions.

By gilgalaad001

The orders are as follow :
- Western Command must attack Hardee's positions
- Grant's army has to chase CSA troops of his own position. It's a challenge because I have smaller forces, but Grant's ability makes me confident.
- Buell's army has to reach his front objective before advancing another step to Chattanooga. Pulaski's depot is a really big bonus for me.

By gilgalaad001

I show you Hardee's forces report. They seems really exhausted so I could strike hardly and expulse CSA from Colombus area.

By gilgalaad001

Come on Grant!

PascalB
Lieutenant

Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:28 pm

Another good turn...

A little fight at Jefferson City at start

By gilgalaad001

Western Command met Hardee in Paducah. Union save the city, beated the rebs and pursued them to Colombus.

By gilgalaad001

in the far west, I had major troubles with indian raiders. Most of my towns are under siege. I sent Marston's cavalrymen to rescue the rear areas.

By gilgalaad001

U can see the situation in Tennessee.
I order some Cavalry and garrison to hunt raiders near Nashville
Buells troops rest before taking offensive again
Grant's army begins his march against CSA forces. My intentions are to attack quickly toward Memphis.
Western Command has to breack Hardee's defensive positions.

By gilgalaad001

2vs3 for Grant's men... But He led succesfully his first moves and I hope that it'll be another victory.

PascalB
Lieutenant

Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:38 pm

OK...
This round is cancelled so it's a final thread :neener:
I would thank Phillipe for this nice game.
Hoping to meet him for the final round :thumbsup:

Regards to you all who're reading this post.

PhilThib

Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:50 pm

You welcome :thumbsup:

Return to “American Civil War AARs”