W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Early April, 1863

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:09 pm

Big turn here as finally NM and VP's have swung in my favour! I am just sick of McClellan so McDowell will take command of a portion of his army. A new army under Rosey is being formed in Washington for a new campaign.

AoJ HQ

I have mixed feelings about this turns resolution. The good news is that Norfolk was stormed, it's defenders slaughtered or surrendered. The bad news is that General Hooker was killed in the assault. This makes me a little upset as I had a big role for him once he gained some seniority.

Jackson's and the other corps to Suffolk. A very strange move! I'm guessing taht MrT wanted Jackson to MTSG or something There was mud in Suffolk last turn and it's impossible that the could have reached there in time anyway, not to mention a fairly risky maneuver with teh weather. Very strange move given the circumstances but the turn is processed and this is how it is.

AoO HQ

Nashville fell too. This army is being broken up as Grant is now the senior commander in the area and Buell's army will be combined to Grants. 5 divisions and 3 batteries of artillery are to remain at Nasville, the so called "mountain corps" whose objective will be to destroy ASJ's army of TN lurking in the mountains to the east.

Grant will concentrate 11 divisions and 14 batteries of artillery, at Henry TN for a strike south. The weather seems to be getting better and hopefully, if no mud reappears, the army can sweep south.

1 division is ordered to Arkansas to bolster the forces there, giving me 3 divisions in the area, as General Forrest and an elite divisions are known to be lurking in the area.

Not too bad a turn except for Hooker's death! :thumbsup:

[ATTACH]9155[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]9156[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]9157[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]9158[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]9159[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Nashville.jpg
Norfolk.jpg
Grant.jpg
AoO.jpg
AoJ.jpg
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."
-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

One last shot!

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:21 pm

Just the objectives screen:

[ATTACH]9161[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Objectives.jpg
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:41 am

McClellan still costs 17NM? Didn't the 2 "McClellan removed from command" events fire, knocking him down to 5 NM? Although if his seniority is 2, he gained 2 points from the start, so...

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:44 am

Hmm I don't think they fired no. II will double check that though. I was goign to bite the NM bullet and put Hooker in charge of AoP, however, he died in the assault on Norfolk :(

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:22 am

Yeah, and the most senior general who's generally better than McClellan is Burnside... and he's a DO NOT PROMOTE character.
>>Well, there are others, but they're tied up ATM.

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Late April, 1863

Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:27 pm

Rosey HQ

The army is massing in Washington with 9 divisions and 10 batteries of artillery. I think I can just about account for all of the rebel divisions, hwoever, more weeks of reconnaisance are warrented as I still lack the transport capacity to move this entire force. That being said I'm still unsure where they will be deployed. I'm considering Alabama and Lousiana, as well as Georgia or South Carolina. In any event I'm still waiting on Phil kearny's cavalry corps to finish training in New England to join the task force. I don't want to move until everything is ready as any operation needs the surprise, speed, and superior force to succeed, given the rebel's interior lines.

McDowell's Union army is holding in place part of Lee's army, 6 divisions that I know of, as well as an independent bde in Longstreets corps. Butlers Army of the James is tying up at least another 6 divisions, and an independent bde, under Jackson. I'm hoping an operation will draw some of these forces away from this area so that I can make a serious push for Richmond.

Grant HQ

The army is ordered to concentrate (minus 1 corps under Pope at Nashville) at Gibson TN. I really can't do anything here yet as there is mud all over the place. I don't want to waste cohesion trekking closer to rebel objectives while I'm unsure where exactly ASJ's army of TN is massed. Scouts will be sent out in the coming weeks to find them.

JJ's Army of Mississippi is spread out covering both Memphis and Corinth. 3 divisions are at Memphis under General Forney, a fourth farther west across the Mississippi under Forrest, and currently only 1 division under JJ himself at Corinth. It looks as though they've received substantial reinforcements this turn and I expect further reinforcements to flow to this weak point.

Here too, I'm unsure which enemy force will be the objective. I'm hoping Rosey's operations will draw some forces away from here as well. Things are starting a little later than I might have hoped due to my heavy operations in this past winter, however, given the ground conditions with mud all over the place, it hasn't been too much of a downer as far as I can tell.

To support whatever operations I decide to undertake here, a task force is being set up in Lousiville KY, which will consist of 3 divisions under the command of General Halleck (he's all I've got:bonk :) as well as several independent bde's. Their objective will be to seize Cumberland Gap and threaten Knoxville in order to draw rebel forces away from the main operations farther west. If they don't run into serious opposition I won't hesitate to take the city and sever the only direct east-west railway in the southern states.

[ATTACH]9168[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]9169[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]9170[/ATTACH]
Attachments
reinforcements.jpg
reinforcements.jpg (3.1 KiB) Viewed 3763 times
west.jpg
east.jpg

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:07 pm

Always seems once the tide starts to turn opponents stop sending turns on a regular basis....Rapidly losing interest in this game :(

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:38 am

What? MrT quit? Dang, after Soundoff v Banks stopped, this was the next best thing. Of course, I was reading this also while theirs was still going on.

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:22 am

No no. The game is still on :) Just getting bored with the slow pace it's now taking

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

No Dice

Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:11 am

It's been 10 days and I've heard nothing :blink: I do hope everythign is okay with MrT.

Return to “American Civil War AARs”