*Buzzsaw*
Conscript

The AMAZING AI

Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:14 am

Salute

Well, I had some hopes for this game, but I see the usual BS AI cheating prevails here too.

Playing Union, my strategy was the horns of the dilemma for the advance on Richmond, one army coming down from via Frederickburg, and another coming up the Penisula. I got adjacent to Richmond with a force of 800, leader was Butler, two divisions with extra officers, no morale penalties. Attacked by Bobby Lee with a force 1/4 the size, and got roundly defeated. I lost twice as many troops as Lee actually had to start!! Holed up in one of the forts I had built, Bobby Lee then somehow gets behind and started to besiege Fortress Monroe, which the usual garrison. Lee had only his 47 Army HQ strength, plus a Cavalry regt, plus three hospital units(?) NO arty. At this point, with Huger being the commander of the most of the Confederate unit besieging Butler, (which were less) I thought good, Huger is a crap leader, I'll win this. But instead, Lee gets a BREACH in Fortress Monroe, with NO ARTY and then takes it.

Meanwhile at the same time, (April 1862) Stewart launches a Cavalry raid that takes him to CLEVELAND. How he is able to move 8 areas in one move I don't know. How he is able to supply himself is also a mystery. So then he takes the town in a single assault, with NO arty. Against two militia rgts. I try that against Confederate towns with four times the force, I lose.

Sorry, this one goes back into the box, never to be played again.

arsan

Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:23 am

Unless you chose hard or very hard difficulty on the options menu the AI has no advantage or cheats in combat. Its a fact. :)
Probably is just bad luck, that you still don't master some game concepts or that the fog of war don't let you see some enemy forces.
You can load the game as the CSA and check for yourself.
Regards
PS: by the way, all army HQ has arty battery attached.

Gray_Lensman

Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:42 am

deleted

Clovis

Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:21 pm

*Buzzsaw* wrote:Salute

Well, I had some hopes for this game, but I see the usual BS AI cheating prevails here too.

Playing Union, my strategy was the horns of the dilemma for the advance on Richmond, one army coming down from via Frederickburg, and another coming up the Penisula. I got adjacent to Richmond with a force of 800, leader was Butler, two divisions with extra officers, no morale penalties. Attacked by Bobby Lee with a force 1/4 the size, and got roundly defeated. I lost twice as many troops as Lee actually had to start!! Holed up in one of the forts I had built, Bobby Lee then somehow gets behind and started to besiege Fortress Monroe, which the usual garrison. Lee had only his 47 Army HQ strength, plus a Cavalry regt, plus three hospital units(?) NO arty. At this point, with Huger being the commander of the most of the Confederate unit besieging Butler, (which were less) I thought good, Huger is a crap leader, I'll win this. But instead, Lee gets a BREACH in Fortress Monroe, with NO ARTY and then takes it.

Meanwhile at the same time, (April 1862) Stewart launches a Cavalry raid that takes him to CLEVELAND. How he is able to move 8 areas in one move I don't know. How he is able to supply himself is also a mystery. So then he takes the town in a single assault, with NO arty. Against two militia rgts. I try that against Confederate towns with four times the force, I lose.

Sorry, this one goes back into the box, never to be played again.

Hi,

To have studied a bit how AI works, I may affirm it's not cheating in battles. I don't thing it's even cheating in other aeras. Now, indeed , there's artillery attached to HQ, and possibly some Adjacent corps helped Lee against Butler.

Regards,

Clovis
[LEFT]Disabled
[CENTER][LEFT]
[/LEFT]
[LEFT]SVF news: http://struggleformodding.wordpress.com/

[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

[/LEFT]

Jim-NC

Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:38 pm

Buzzsaw,

Lee also has the engineer ability (which helps with the siege). He is a much better leader than Butler, allowing him to easily beat a larger force commanded by Butler.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rafiki

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:50 pm

Guys, cut Buzzsaw some slack. He has had a nasty run-in with the AI due to an unfamiliarity with how the game mechanics work, and since he doesn't realize this, he pegs it incorrectly as a cheating AI.

Provided he's up for it, I say we give him the chance to learn the game; if he decides not to take the opportunity, well, it's his loss ;)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Longhairedlout
Lieutenant Colonel

Sun May 03, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi there, I bought AACW about 6 months and Ive had NCP just over a year, and I have found them to be the best strategy games I have ever played, I have never actually play against the AI, I have only ever played against human players by Pbem..... I have about 2 games going at a time at about 1 turn each a day, why dont you play a Pbem game and then see what you think of the game...heck I will give you a game if you want :)

Return to “American Civil War AARs”