rasnell
Major

Internet Download Manager problems

Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:16 am

Having problems downloading the purchased game. I must break this into multiple sessions because of the download limits on my satellite internet. For some reason, it keeps downloading, even though it shows 319mb+ of the 279 meg game has completed.

Should I keep downloading. It has a connection. Wonder when it will end? No file in view when I stop and browse.

The file is so large that I cannot do this in one session. I hope I don't have to start over.

How hard would it be to switch this to a CD order (any difference in cost) if we're unable to resolve the download question?

I also sent an e-mail, but wanted to post here in case someone knows about Internet Download Manager or has a solution.

rasnell
Major

Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:46 pm

Spent a second day downloading and the same problem. Downloads more than 300 megs and then the message says "setup files are corrupted."

I tried to download from the purchase site. Now I'm going to need to figure out how to get CD version. Unable to download.

Please advise. Sent e-mail but no reply.

Pocus

Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:56 pm

I never got your email Rasnell?

Tell me what is the maximum safe size you can get from your sat ISP.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

rasnell
Major

Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:37 pm

Another problem with my satellite provider is that e-mail is often deleted as spam. I sent the e-mail via snell@direcway.com. However, with new corporate ownership, this e-mail also is now snell@hughes.net.

The cap seems to be 15-20 meg per hour. If I had not attempted to re-download this a couple of times, I can usually do about 200 meg at one time.

Is there a way to split into packets of 20 meg? Otherwise, how hard to get the CD version? Different price? How long in mail? How big are patches?

PhilThib

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:27 am

If you look carefully at things, the CD version is not so different in price with the download version (3 euros more, i.e. 4 $). The difference is the shipping cost, which is 15$ more or less.

On the other hand, you have the CD in a nice box and printed manual, and no download need. Patches are usually small in size (2 to 10 Mb max) depending on whether we add new graphics or not in the patch...

Pocus

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:46 am

Rasnell I have sent you a PM.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

sgtfury
Civilian

Download & Patch

Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:34 pm

Hi. I just purchased the game and will be downloading it later today. My question is whether the current version I am about to download incorporates all the patches to date. Or, once I download, should I then download the lateste patch? Please advise. Thank you! :cwboy:

Pocus

Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:04 pm

It is better to apply the latest patch yes.

sgtfury
Civilian

Thank you

Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:12 pm

Thanks for the quick response. I will do as you advise and will report back my status.

sgtfury
Civilian

Success

Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:32 pm

I successfully downloaded the game (boy, it took a long time, about an hour, and I have high speed internet), as well as the latest patch.

Haven't had time to play it yet beyond a few steps in the tutorial.

Thanks for the assistance.

How do i access the manual??

Pocus

Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:58 pm

You have the manual installed in the game directory normally.

haito
Civilian

New Internet Download Manager

Sun May 03, 2009 3:54 pm

New Internet Download Manager
No need to crack

Overview

Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a tool to increase download speeds by up to 50 times, resume and schedule downloads. Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost connections, network problems, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages. Simple graphic user interface makes IDM user friendly and easy to use.

http://www.mediafire.com/?on4znh5s3zd

or

http://rapidshare.com/files/228677953/Setup_IDM_full.rar

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”