Robear
Conscript

Can't Move Loaded Ships Into Ocean?

Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:19 pm

I think I'm missing something, but I can't see what. This is not a crash bug.

Start the 1755 scenario as the British. On the first turn, move the merchant ships from Boston to Halifax. On the turn after they arrive, load the Expeditionary Force onto the ships. Order the loaded ships to move to the ocean area off of Louisbourg. The move is denied because the ships must be moved into a water area, or a friendly port.

Unload the troops. Order the empty merchant ships to move into the ocean area off of Louisbourg. The move succeeds.

What am I missing? There are 35 points of weight in the land units, and 40 in the ships. Why does this not work? How do I invade Louisbourg with working transport ships? :-)

Thanks for any help.

PhilThib

Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:07 pm

Did you check if the sea zone was iced off Louisbourg...this is often the case start of 1755, thus preventing a move or a landing ?

That wouldn't be the reason of your problem anyway...may be send us the save to check :bonk:

Robear
Conscript

Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:18 pm

I was able to move the Boston Fleet into the same ocean area that the transport fleet was unable to reach. Even if I waited several turns, the same thing happens.

It's independent of saves, happens every time I play this scenario. However, I'll be happy to save it off and show you.

Pocus

Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:37 pm

The militia unit in your fleet is bound to stay in Canada.

But theorically you should have got a custom message on that, so your report was welcome :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Robear
Conscript

Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:40 pm

Awesome, thanks! It was driving me crazy.

Sol Invictus

Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:23 pm

I had the same problem last night in the 1755 Campaign; tried to move the Halifax army toward Loiusbourg, but after I loaded the transports that had arrived from Boston, nothing happened. I was attempting to take the Canadian Militia unit along for the ride, so that must have been my problem. I didn't get any messege either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

miller41
Conscript

Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:30 pm

Same issue, in 1775 campaign I have New York milita that can march to albany but cant ride the river boats there? The boats can go by themselves, but when I load any milita or a supply unit on them they wont go, get the message "ships must enter either a water region or one with a port". Why have the ships there if they cant do anything? They obviously can move, as they can go unloaded, and the troops can get there on foot, they just can go together :bonk:
Please help me with this.

PhilThib

Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:01 am

Can you check when this happened (i.e. what month)...it can be the case if some section of the Hudson is frozen :sourcil:

miller41
Conscript

Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:07 am

Was the first turn of the 1775 scenario. Was april and the ships could go alone so it couldnt have been frozen. Strange thing is after turn one they loaded and moved ok :tournepas

Pocus

Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:46 am

can you wrap me the whole directory of this game and send it to support@ageod.com ?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”