galaril
Civilian

Manual can't be copied copyright?

Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:58 am

Due to copyright the game can't be copied at Kinko's copyshops and I don't have a printer? If you guys are now selling your games on the matrix board you should make it so that your manual can be copied at Kinkos like the other games Matrix sells. They have an arrangement wih Kinkos already.

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:24 am

As someone who has put in some time working at Kinko's, it sounds like you ran into the "I don't want to waste my time with this" excuse.

:non:

I just looked over the 28 page manual pdf and I find nothing that says this is a copyrighted work. There is a Copyright symbol for the software on page 27, but that's it. Even the updated 1.09 manual has the same Copyright for the software on page 42. No Copying restrictions are present in either.
Go back and let them know they can print it out for you and if they persist ask them to show you where in the file/document it says they cannot print it. Go over their head and ask for the manager on duty. Raise a stink if need be.
Also there is a form that one can fill out to copy copyrighted work that covers the store's caboose.
Alternately try another store...no law in only going to Kinko's.
Lightsfantastic

Pocus

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:37 pm

and tell them that we will send a whole company of redcoats if they persist :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”