lightsfantastic
Colonel

PBEM problem

Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:57 pm

Jimkehn is host. He sends me the jimandpatrick~ENG.TRN file for my moves on first turn. It loads and I give my orders and send him the jimandpatrick~ENG.ord from the save. I do not hit End Turn.
He sends me back an updated jimandpatrick~ENG.TRN file for the next turn but it does not appear on my Load Games section.
Any ideas?
I was using a web-based mail server and the Scan and save was renaming the files, replacing the ~ with _ but other than that no changes were made. His moves, my moves, he resolves turn and sends me the Trn File and nothing shows up. Have setup a separate folder as instructed...
Help.
Patrick

Pocus

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:34 am

the other possibility then (compared to what I said in PM) is that your opponent added the file at the right place, but the file name was not OK (~ disapearing and such). It is better to send it zipped then.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:44 am

Pocus wrote:the other possibility then (compared to what I said in PM) is that your opponent added the file at the right place, but the file name was not OK (~ disapearing and such). It is better to send it zipped then.

Thanks we will give that a try.
Lightsfantastic

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:36 am

Thanks for the help it seems to have worked.
Lightsfantastic

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”