blueslim03
Civilian

serial number...yet again

Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:12 am

Hey trying to start the game for the 1st time but it says the serial nos which is printed on the back of the manual is invalid even tho i have typed it EXACTLY caps and all. P.S The technical support line is brilliant, charge you at 1 GBP a minute it rings says its gona connect you to a technical support person and then goes "sorry there is nobody available" ive rung 5 times over 2 days. To be honest i feel like i dont even wana play the game ive had my pants pulled down so much.

PhilThib

Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:29 pm

Where did you buy the game ? Who is the publisher ?
I suppose you are facing trouble with a retail copy of the game. :grr:
Are you based in the UK?

blueslim03
Civilian

Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:34 pm

i brought it from a high street retailer in the uk called game. They operate a no refund policy on pc games aswell, so i aint happy? Not being funny tho, it aint like im the only one with this problem, bit rubbish i.m.h.o

PhilThib

Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:14 pm

I suggest that you PM me and Pocus the serial # you have used (the one printed on the manual), so we can check if there is any defect.

Pocus

Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:19 pm

Hi blueslim,

I confirm that the serial sent by PhilThib works in BOA. Must have been a problem between letters like 'i', 'I', 'l' or 'L' ...

If you have any technical problem, post there, we should be more competent that the hotline of the publisher who sold you the game ;) (and its free...).

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Michael Kerpan
Civilian

Serial number problems in the New World

Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:08 pm

I posted this above -- but this might be the better place. I just bought the game from NWS. After installing, I am told to enter my authorization code from the validation card. But I didn't get any validation card -- only a box with a CD and a manual. And I see no sign of a serial number anywhere in the manual. What am I supposed to do?

Update:

Problem solved via e-mail from NWS.

Pocus

Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:30 pm

Hi,

What was the solution? Does a serial ships with the game or you have to call NWS in this case?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Warship NWS
Conscript

From NWS,

Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:26 am

Hi guys, we recieved our list of serial codes after we already started to ship the games out to our customers (the games were sealed so I had no idea if the codes were in the DVD cases or not). If you recieved your game from us and have not recieved a serial code as of yet please email me directly at nws-online@nws-online.net and we will promptly supply your serial code to you. Also, if you ordered from us and have not recieved your code yet please feel free to email us. All customers that have contacted us have had their serial codes emailed within minutes or a few hours as most (I check my emails quite often and if I have to leave my computer for some reason I check emails immediately after returning).

Sorry I have not had the chance to email each serial code out in advance as we have been extremely busy this week with new releases and other administrative duties at NWS.

If there are any questions please dont hesitate to cotact me.

Thank you.
Christopher Dean
Director of Operations
http://www.nws-online.net
Direct supporters of the wargaming community.
We will attempt to match or beat any lower advertised price.

CJMello
Conscript

Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:08 pm

Also you can easily get the capital I messed up with an l (small "L")

PhilThib

Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:31 am

In the future, we shall remove some confusing characters (i and L's) from the serial codes. In the meanwhile, if you have received the serial by email, just copy-paste it to avoid these kind of confusions :siffle: .

Michael Kerpan
Civilian

Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:51 pm

I got my serial number from NWS in _less_ than a minute (after my e-mail).

;~}

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:32 pm

Yes, NWS offers an amazing support to its customers for all of their products.

:coeurs:
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”