QuanticWarrior
Civilian

BoA on Japanese XP

Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:07 pm

Greetings, and first my thanks for wonderful game.

I am running a Japanese language Windows XP and have run into a nasty problem :
All of the texts get out of their boxes (doesn't look great, but isn't game breaking either), but there is a big issue with Unit and Region info display, it is all scrambled. Here is an example :
Not very practical.
City infos are the only ones properly displayed.

I found somewhat of a fix : I have to change the non-unicode language in the Windows region control panel to something a bit less exotic, like United States. The game displays itself in all its glory then.
My problem is that most of my everyday applications and contextual menus aren't happy with that ;)

I tried using Microsoft's Applocale, but it has no incidence on the display sadly.

Any other solution, or am I doomed to reboot my computer everytime I want to enjoy this gem of a game :D

Edit:
Nevermind, I found a solution in this Applocale clone which doesn't leave the application alone as soon as it is done ;)
http://www.steelbytes.com/?mid=45 if anyone else experiences the same issue.

QuanticWarrior
Civilian

Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:51 pm

Nevermind, I found a solution in this Applocale clone which doesn't leave the application alone as soon as it is done ;)
http://www.steelbytes.com/?mid=45 if anyone else experiences the same issue.

Rafiki

Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:28 pm

Hi QuanticWarrior, and wlecome to the forums :)

Happy to hear you sorted out your problems; I'm sure your advice will find good use by others facing the same problem as you did :thumbsup:
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Welcome

Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:54 pm

Great to have you!! You will enjoy being on our forum and meeting the wonderful people at AGEOD. Game companies do not come any better then these guys!! We AGEOD fans are pretty neat guys too!! :p apy: (Even if some of us are kind of old!!) :w00t:

QuanticWarrior
Civilian

Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:05 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome! Though I am a bit late for the party I think ;)

I must confess I had been looking for quite some time to play this game, but I didn't have the computer power then to have an enjoyable experience.
Pretty much first thing I did on this "new" peecee was to purchase (what a bargain btw :w00t :) the game. What, productivity? :bonk:

With Euro*a Univers*lis, this is the most enjoyable historical gaming experience I ever had. Now I just have to start reading books about the period.

Sorry, I guess this is not the place for the chitchat, so I'll stop here.

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”