awdougherty
Civilian

Odd installation problem

Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:55 pm

Bought the game (hardcopy), threw the disc in and nothing happened. Autorun is turned on. So I double-click my CD-ROM icon to see what's on the disc. Nothing shows up in the window. Right-click "Explore" on the CD-ROM icon, still nothing. It seems like the disc is blank, but is there something obvious that I'm missing? Thanks.

PhilThib

Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:31 pm

That's rather weird, first time it occurs. May be a manufacturing defect. Anyway, check your private message on this forum for a solution to help you out.

James Otis
Civilian

Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:58 am

I had the same problem. Nothing would happen when I put the disk in either of my computer's drives (a DVD rom and a DVD burner). I tried my wife's computer, and BOA installed with no problem in her CD rom drive.

While at my wife's computer, I copied the installation files from the CD rom to a flash drive. Plugging the flash drive into my computer, I tried to install from there. The setup file would not execute. I copied the installation files from the flash drive to a directory on my hard drive. When I tried to do the installation from that directory, complete success!

Mmm.

James Otis

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”