lgrzero
Civilian

serial number question

Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:06 pm

Hello,
I just picked this game up at target the other day and I cant find the serial number anywhere on the cardboard sleeve/jewel case

Thanks
Liger

PhilThib

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:40 pm

Can you tell us which version of BOA you bought (country, publisher, box format)...otherwise it is impossible to know which serial group you belong to :bonk:

lgrzero
Civilian

Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:24 pm

Ok, I am in the USA, it says strategy first in the upper left corner of the cardboard sleeve and the sleeve has a flap that has the summery of the game inside and inside the sleeve is a jewel case

sorry if my descriptions are a bit :wacko:

vwillow
Civilian

another serial number missing

Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:09 am

Dear ageod:

I'm a gamer in the USA experiencing a serial problem as well. I just received a copy of Birth of America in jewel case format distributed by Strategy First after ordering it from Amazon.com.

On launch I get this error screen: "Your serial has not the expected length. Enter your serial, exactly as it is written on your validation card, underscores included."

No validation card was included in my copy of the game, and I do not see the serial printed anywhere else in the packaging.

After exploring these forums for a fix, I checked out my BOA/Settings/General.opt file. There is no serial number at the end of this file.

I'm very frustrated that your game was sent to me in this incomplete, broken state. Please advise.

Pocus

Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:13 am

If I was nasty I would say that you should address the problem to Strategy First, which is the publisher and thus packaged the boxes.

But I'm not, and I don't believe you'll get a fast answer from the SFI support. So instead, for all who don't have a serial key for BOA1, I suggest you write me to pmalacher@age-studio.com. I would prefer to get a proof of purchase of the game though, like a scan of the shop's receipt.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

crankyoldman
Civilian

Same problem

Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:39 pm

I received a copy of Birth of America as a Christmas Gift from Amazon.com. Packaging and the post install error message are the same as VWillow reported above.

There was not only no serial number in the packaging, there is no place to enter it in the install sequence.

Being a gift, I do not have "proof of purchase" although I can scan any of the packaging or the dvd if that's required.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Pocus

Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:03 pm

Can you write me (post 5) with a scan of the manual cover please? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

crankyoldman
Civilian

Manual Cover?

Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:36 pm

All I received was a BOA DVD within a jewel case, that packaged within a printed BOA slip case with the Strategy First logo in the upper left corner. There was no manual nor was there even a mention of one.

The manual is on the DVD. I am attaching an image of page 6 (rather than post the cover).

I am confused by your "post 5" direction. Please elaborate so I'll know where and how to direct the image of the manual cover.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Trivia... my son lives in Lyon. Beautiful city.
Attachments
boapg6.jpg

Rafiki

Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:25 pm

crankyoldman wrote:I am confused by your "post 5" direction. Please elaborate so I'll know where and how to direct the image of the manual cover.

Post number 5 in this thread :)

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?p=106824#post106824
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

crankyoldman
Civilian

On its way.

Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:40 pm

Thanks for the clarification. The manual cover page has been emailed to you.

Pocus

Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:18 pm

Hello again
I should have responded, if this is you :)

Harmoni
Civilian

Another Seriual Number Issue

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:19 pm

I too received Birth of America as a Christmas gift. It also was from Strategy First and came in just a jewel case with slip cover. I too am getting the same message about serial number but never am given an opportunity to put one in. Now my jewel case does have a sticker on the back of it with something that may or may not be a serial number (I have no idea), but I have no idea how to attempt to put it in.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Rafiki

Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:39 pm

Hi Harmoni, and welcome to the forums :)

When the game was installed, the configuration should've started. If it didn't, you can still start it afterwards via the start menu.

If you are uncertain about the serial key, feel free to send it to support@ageod.com (referring to this thread), to let us have a closer look at it :)

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Harmoni
Civilian

Issue Resolved!

Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:43 pm

My theory with electronics is that if you tinker with it long enough you either figure out the problem or break it. I went to the BoA Web site and downloaded and installed the patch. Then I rebooted my computer. Then when I tried to launch BoA I got the same error message, but then a screen popped up asking for a serial number. I typed what was on the sticker on the back of my jewel case and voila! I've got game.

Rafiki

Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:14 am

Great! Enjoy! :thumbsup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

maqwyn
Conscript

Same problem and more

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:45 am

I also have the same problem with my serial number which appears to be in stealth mode, can't fine it anywhere. I purchased my copy direct from Ageod and will pim you my order # if needed. I am in the USA.
I have both a laptop and a desktop which I am trying to install it on and am having trouble with both. You know about the problem with the laptop, no serial #. The desktop however just installs, thows error messages out on the screen which whiz by so fast I have no idea what the errors are then shuts down. Any help will be appreciated.
Maqwyn
Invested all my money in wine women and fast horses, then just wasted the rest.

"It is a good thing war is so terrible or we should love it too much" Master Robert E Lee.

I also play as Murat.

Primasprit

Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:18 am

Hi maqwyn!

Did you buy a boxed copy or a download version?

Please write a mail with your order details to [email="support@ageod.com"]support@ageod.com[/email].

Cheers
Norbert

maqwyn
Conscript

Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:12 am

Sorry, I have the boxed edition. I always like to have the CD. I will send them my problem with the order #. Thanks for the quick response.
Maqwyn

Invested all my money in wine women and fast horses, then just wasted the rest.

"It is a good thing war is so terrible or we should love it too much" Master Robert E Lee.

I also play as Murat.

mbrien
Civilian

I need help geting my serial number

Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:30 am

Hi I am in the USA and I bought the game a long time ago and I want to reinstall it on my new PC. I do not have a serial number and I hope you can help me get one.

Thanks

Mark

Pocus

Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:45 am

If you bought from the website, then yes we can find was what your serial key. That's the interest of buying direct from us!

Return to “BoA Technical support / Aide technique”